PR23 not function

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR23 not function

Postby boy8 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Hai. I've installed all components correctly and checked many times. i even successfully download the hex program given in the package to the pic. When i switch on the robot, beep sound can be heard and power led is on. But the lcd does not show the string that it suppose to show and the infrared sensor to detect line also not switch on. What can be the possible cause here? Please help and advice..
boy8
Greenhorn

Re: PR23 not function

Postby ober » Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Can you elaborate more on the loading program? Did you load sample program with UIC00A/B and it show successful? Since LCD does not show the string it suppose to, but did it show anything, or blank at all? Do you see a cursor? And you also mention about the Infrared sensor did not ON, how do you verify that?

Can you check the gnd pad on LCD to LM7805 voltage regulator's body? It should be connected together. No power is necessary when you are doing this check. Since you are checking this connection, please check whether the 5V output from 7805 is connected to LCD Vcc pin too. Let us know what is the result and we may advise you further.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby boy8 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:55 am

The LCD only shows characters like boxes. I use UIC00A to load sample program and it stated successfully. But still the same thing happen. Regarding the infrared sensor, everything is ok. My problem right now is only with the LCD. Have check all connection, everything is connected. LCD is power up but does not show the string only character looks like boxes.
One thing, what do you mean by gnd pad on LCD? Since the LCD is ON, it clearly shows that 5v output is connected to the LCD.
boy8
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Fri May 21, 2010 9:17 am

If you are sure other part is working, I would advise to fill in the form under support tab in Cytron website to direct this issue to Cytron support team and they will follow up with you. You might need to send back the whole robot for them to troubleshoot.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to DIY Project Set