PR23 - IR sensor

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR23 - IR sensor

Postby yonghui » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

hi,

IR receiver need to be reverse biased as compared to normal diode. means tat the shorter Leg of the IR receiver or the flat surface side of the receiver will be connected to positive( which in this case the voltage divider resistor). while longer leg or round surface side of the IR receiver will be connect to ground.

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby skygurl » Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 am

sory ask again,i'm very bad about all this. You ask me to measure the input of LM324 which connect to IR receiver. but how to measure??

[The voltage at pin 3, 5, 10 and 12 of LM324 should change when you move the IR pair to reflective and non-reflective surface. If there is no changes, the it might be the polarity of sensor is reverse.]
When u said about that, how i want to know voltage change at pin3,5,10 and 12??
And if there no change,polarity sensor is reverse..how must i do??
skygurl

Postby altan » Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm

skygurl WROTE:When u said about that, how i want to know voltage change at pin3,5,10 and 12??And if there no change

You can use a voltmeter or multimeter (set to measure voltage) to measure pin 3, 5, 10, and 12 by touching them with the positive voltage probe and keeping the negative probe to a ground (gnd) point.

Voltage will change (according to voltmeter) when the IR transmitter is moved between the white surface and black surface.

skygurl WROTE:,polarity sensor is reverse..how must i do??

Maybe you could post a picture of your IR transmitter or you could carefully compare your transmitter circuit with my picture in the previous post.
altan

Postby skygurl » Thu May 27, 2010 2:37 pm

thanks a lot for all information....when i check..maybe the problem is leg of LM324 is not touch correctly....did cytron shop sell LM324 only?? And can i know...if i use program in document PR23...can i use only for line following?? And if can...what happen when robot in 4 junction??stop??turn right or left?
skygurl

Postby sich » Fri May 28, 2010 3:27 am

skygurl WROTE:..did cytron shop sell LM324 only??

Yes, Cytron sell this IC. http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=Fz0JKBgMFDAAFzc5PQcZFkfgwXDadvtkEPdC5XVRNGo=

skygurl WROTE:.if i use program in document PR23...can i use only for line following?? And if can...what happen when robot in 4 junction??stop??turn right or left?

Yes, you can use PR23 for line following. It's one of the main functions on this mobile robot. You can program the robot to detect line and make desired turning (left/right) at desired junctions. To do that, you have to detect and count junctions.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby skygurl » Sat May 29, 2010 4:18 am

that mean i can use your program for my robot?? if i only use your program..what happen if this robot at the junction?? or i must do own program??
skygurl

Postby ober » Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 am

You need to develop the program for junction.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to DIY Project Set