PR23 - IR sensor

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR23 - IR sensor

Postby skygurl » Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

hye.. i already finish solder all component n check many time..when i want to teach the IR sensor to detect white or black line, i turn on the switch, all 4 LED on the light and i adjust the preset to adjust the sensitivity of IR sensor but nothing change...the LED light still on...what the problem and how to solve this?? Its big problem if i cannot teach the IR sensor because i buy this PR23 just for build line following robot...please help me.. :?:
skygurl

Re: PR23 - IR sensor

Postby ober » Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 am

Is the polarity of IR emitter and receiver correctly mounted and soldered? Also the connection to IR board, it is correct? You can also check whether there are changes in voltage when you move the IR from black line to white surface.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby yonghui » Sun May 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi,

check IR transmitter light with phone camera which dun have IR filter.
IR receivers are to be backward bias for proper operation.

yonghui
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby skygurl » Sun May 23, 2010 2:16 pm

the polarity transmitter and receiver is right and solder compoent also correctly...when on switch, power 5v turn on...what can i do to check either IR sensor is okay or not? that mean can function or not....
skygurl

Postby skygurl » Sun May 23, 2010 2:21 pm

hai yonghui..how to check with phone??and if i cannot use phone, have other else can i use to check??
((IR receivers are to be backward bias for proper operation.)) can u explain more detail about this??
skygurl

Postby altan » Sun May 23, 2010 4:06 pm

yonghui WROTE:check IR transmitter light with phone camera which dun have IR filter.

Do you have a camera phone or a digital camera or ccd camera?
If you have any one of them, you can see the infra red transmitter lit up (the color is pink) in the camera when you turn on the robot. This is to make sure the infrared LED didn't burn out (happens often to me before).

Human eye cannot see IR but electronic camera can.
altan

Postby skygurl » Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm

thanks altan..the infra red transmitter lit up (the color is pink) is very small??if can see..that mean the transmitter is function??right?
skygurl

Postby altan » Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Try these...

1)Put a white piece of paper under the IR Sensor, the LED should turn off. If it is not off, try adjusting each variable resistor.

2)Make sure your connector cable is correct. Image

3)Make sure the LM324 chip is in the correct position. Image

Hope this helps and that's all I can offer...
altan

Postby skygurl » Sun May 23, 2010 11:35 pm

thanks a lot...can i ask..in the picture u write 59kb and 43 kb..why different?? this cable can put at connector that u write 43kb, right??i already done it and check LM324 so many time but still same..and 1 more thing..about check with camera..that infrared(pink color) is very small and difficult to see??
skygurl

Postby ober » Mon May 24, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks to altan for the guidances, is very useful.

skygurl, can you measure the input of LM324 which connect to IR receiver. The IR emitter maybe working, but if IR receiver is not connected properly, it will still fail.

The voltage at pin 3, 5, 10 and 12 of LM324 should change when you move the IR pair to reflective and non-reflective surface. If there is no changes, the it might be the polarity of sensor is reverse.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Next

Return to DIY Project Set