PR 16

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR 16

Postby harry » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

What hardware do I need to connect the receiver part of the PR 16 to PC? and how do I create the connection ( any source code?)to create a log in computer to log in info such as which number was sent, what time?
harry
Freshie

Re: PR 16

Postby diaane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Harry,

harry WROTE:What hardware do I need to connect the receiver part of the PR 16 to PC?

Are you trying to ask for a solution to connect the receiver to PC so that PC is able to read what you have transmitted?

In this case, there are few hardwares which i think might come in handy. For instance, the Serial Port or USB.

harry WROTE:and how do I create the connection ( any source code?)to create a log in computer to log in info such as which number was sent, what time?
What hardware do I need to connect the receiver part of the PR 16 to PC? and how do I create the connection ( any source code?)to create a log in computer to log in info such as which number was sent, what time?

As for your following question, you will have to figure out yourself by first determining which type of communication you are using. Then, develop the coding yourself. I suppose this project of yours will need more on your programming skill and it is not difficult to build. Try study on the the different types of communication then proceed with your idea. Should there be any doubts, you can post it here.

Look forward your reply on your progress~!
diaane

Postby shiyan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 am

em.... PR16 is which project? Cytron have so many PR..... :lol:

Anyway checking their site, PR16 referring to the RF module. It seem that the Transmit pin of transmitter is used and Receive pin of receiver is used......

What do you need actually? You need to connect both transmitter and receiver to computer? Or?
shiyan
Amateur

Postby harry » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 pm

shiyan WROTE:em.... PR16 is which project? Cytron have so many PR..... :lol:

Anyway checking their site, PR16 referring to the RF module. It seem that the Transmit pin of transmitter is used and Receive pin of receiver is used......

What do you need actually? You need to connect both transmitter and receiver to computer? Or?

YES, I was referring to the RF module.
I need to connect the receiver to the PC,and create a log to record whatever the transmitter transmit.
I wonder if I can make use of the Box Header to connect to the PC? or I need some other hardware
harry
Freshie

Postby hyng » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 pm

If you would like to interface PIC to PC, you can use cytron UC00A USB to UART converter. There are many sample source code on this, you can find it at cytron's blog or cytron product. Few of the examples are PR27 and SK40C.
hyng

Return to DIY Project Set