DIY temperature controller set

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

DIY temperature controller set

Postby feat_esp » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Hai..I'm new in PIC so need someone to help me..i want to build temperature controller to on the cooler if the temperature high and turn on heater if the temperature low and both device off after reach the desire temperature. I also want to connect the circuit to PC to view current temperature.can you give me an idea how to do it... Can the DIY temperature controller set be modified as my requirement... thanks..
feat_esp
Fledgling

Re: DIY temperature controller set

Postby sich » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 am

U mean PR11 (Temperature Control System Using LM35)? PR11 product page.
Yup...it can be modified to meet ur requirement. The only thing is it doesn't provide the UART pins for u to connect directly to PC. You need to find out the pins and do some soldering on the board. Besides, some additional codes on the software is needed too. Basically the codes need to enable UART interface, configure it correctly and perform the send/receive tasks.

Since most of us are using laptop which doesn't have serial port ready on it, UC00A (UART to USB converter) is a suitable tool for you to connect those UART pins to the USB port of ur computer. It'll create a virtual COM port at ur computer and you may use it like the usual serial port to send and receive data from modified PR11. UC00A product page.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby shiyan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 am

woh..... detail explanation!
shiyan
Amateur

Postby nagufever » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 pm

May i know the Temperature Control system‏ can be connect to a curtain and direct it to draw and close curtain system when it reaches two temperature limit(too hot and too cold)?Can explain how to work out?
nagufever

Postby hyng » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:17 am

nagufever WROTE:May i know the Temperature Control system‏ can be connect to a curtain and direct it to draw and close curtain system when it reaches two temperature limit(too hot and too cold)?Can explain how to work out?

Theoretically you can but you need to do extra circuitry for the motor control part. It is quite similar to the sample code provided, which the fans will be ON after the temperature has increase to a certain limit. In this case, the motor will be manipulated after the temperature has increase or decrease.
hyng

Postby yonghui » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

May i know the Temperature Control system‏ can be connect to a curtain and direct it to draw and close curtain system when it reaches two temperature limit(too hot and too cold)?Can explain how to work out?

hi,

open and close curtain? maybe can use LDR as sensor to detect brightness from outside, to open and close.

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby nagufever » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:23 pm

May i know which sample code are you refering to?Does PIC16F876A in the temperature controller set can be added the motor circuitary and Bluetooth (SKKKCA-21) Remote Control?Does it have enough pins to support the circuitary i mentioned above?
nagufever

Postby robosang » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 am

:lol: count and see loh.....
robosang
Expert

Postby hyng » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 am

nagufever WROTE:May i know which sample code are you refering to?Does PIC16F876A in the temperature controller set can be added the motor circuitary and Bluetooth (SKKKCA-21) Remote Control?Does it have enough pins to support the circuitary i mentioned above?

For one bidirectional motor control, normally you need 2-3 pins and the SKKKCA-21, you have to use UART pins.
hyng

Postby atai » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi can u guys help me..I want to do a temperature and humidity sensing.should I combined PR11 and PR15 or should I only add humidity sensor to PR11.?may i know how to do the modification.TQ
atai
Greenhorn

Next

Return to DIY Project Set