pr11-add keypad

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

pr11-add keypad

Postby fatimah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

in this diy, fan controlled by temperature sensor, if i have keypad in this diy, what i should do to on/ff the fan?
fatimah
Novice

Re: pr11-add keypad

Postby robosang » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 am

Should be the same as the original method, keypad is input while the fan is output.
robosang
Expert

Postby ober » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 pm

fatimah, the hardware to control the fan remain same. You may refer to PR9B for the hardware interface for keypad to PIC. of course in order to make the system work, you will need to combine the source code. Please do study both the source code of PR9B and PR11.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby fatimah » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:34 pm

is it i need to add an interrupt if i want to for both, auto and manual mode temperature control using fan?
originally, the pr 11 act as auto mode to on /off fan....and if i want to add keypad....means for manual mode to on or off the fan?
where i should add an interrupt in the programming....and what i should put the keypad?as input or output?....the original pr11, the input is temperature sensor.
fatimah
Novice

Postby robosang » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am

Oh..... you are getting confuse. Keypad is an input, temperature is an input, fan is an output, you cannot change that. You read keypad, you don control it. you read temperature, you don control it. Those that you read are input, those you control are output.

I would really suggest you to play with the project and the source code provided and "understand" it. you are asking random question now which will end out no place.
robosang
Expert

Postby redips_id » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:43 pm

is it i need to add an interrupt if i want to for both, auto and manual mode temperature control using fan?

I don't think you need to add interrupt.

originally, the pr 11 act as auto mode to on /off fan....and if i want to add keypad....means for manual mode to on or off the fan?

You mean the keypad function just to control the fan to be ON and OFF? Of course can, but why you need 3x4 or 4x4 buttons just to control a single fan? You can make it by using a single or 2 buttons only. Plus, it will make you easier to program.

where i should add an interrupt in the programming....and what i should put the keypad?as input or output?....the original pr11, the input is temperature sensor.

Again, no need interrupt. In order to program keypad, the keypad column should be output and the keypad row should be input or vice versa, depends on your hardware. Just download the PR9B source code and schematic. It will help you a lot. Goodluck fatimah. :)

Anyone: How I want to edit the word "Quote"?
Request for complete solution for FYP? Why don't request for graduation certificate?
redips_id
Discoverer

Postby shahrul » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Maybe you want to key in the temperature limit. Compare to that temperature value, will control the fan either ON or OFF. So, you need to add LCD also to display that value. :D
shahrul
Professional

Postby sich » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi redips_id,

redips_id WROTE:Anyone: How I want to edit the word "Quote"?

Usually i press Post Reply first and select the phrase which i want to quote from the Topic Review and press the Quote button available at the particular post. That'll result in the one as above - with the name of the one who posted the phrase.

The command is actually like this. Just change the { and } to [ and ]. I think you can recognize the logic behind it ;)
{quote="redips_id"}Anyone: How I want to edit the word "Quote"?{/quote}
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby redips_id » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:22 pm

sich WROTE:Hi redips_id,

redips_id WROTE:Anyone: How I want to edit the word "Quote"?

Usually i press Post Reply first and select the phrase which i want to quote from the Topic Review and press the Quote button available at the particular post. That'll result in the one as above - with the name of the one who posted the phrase.

The command is actually like this. Just change the { and } to [ and ]. I think you can recognize the logic behind it ;)
{quote="redips_id"}Anyone: How I want to edit the word "Quote"?{/quote}

Thanks sich :D haha...
Request for complete solution for FYP? Why don't request for graduation certificate?
redips_id
Discoverer

Return to DIY Project Set