pr13-wireless smoke detector

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

pr13-wireless smoke detector

Postby fatimah » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:26 pm

since wireless term is used, can i see the data transfer through pc?
fatimah
Novice

Re: pr13-wireless smoke detector

Postby ober » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:20 pm

fatimah WROTE:since wireless term is used, can i see the data transfer through pc?

hi, can you explain what do you mean by data transfer through PC? PR13 uses low cost RF module, it transmits a simple logic bit to the receiver. There is no PC involved.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby fatimah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 pm

what i should do to make a serial connection with pc ,so i can see the data transmit through pc?
fatimah
Novice

Postby ober » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 am

Er..... as I explained earlier, there is nothing to see because there is 1 bit data, which is "0" or "1" to indicate that smoke sensor detected smoke or the other way around.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby yonghui » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:48 am

hi,

if u really need to see data on PC, try looking for UC00A from cytron with UART sending the data to PC.

UC00A is a USB to serial converter. its very convenient to have one if we wan to have communication between our PIC and our computer.

here is the link to UC00A, take a look, its worth to have it. i always use it to verify the data of coming in and out the the UART communication by sending the data to computer using UC00A.

http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=KA4JMSgyIAkpByklHykCMUWMdbvlSxgTYoHtVdkeIAI=

regards
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby fatimah » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

thanks for explaination....

1) i want to ask, when we load the program, how do we check the address of encoder and decoder?

2) why i should used to load the program into pic?(tool)
fatimah
Novice

Postby ober » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:29 am

fatimah WROTE:
1) i want to ask, when we load the program, how do we check the address of encoder and decoder?

2) why i should used to load the program into pic?(tool)

1. You don need the address of both encoder and decoder, because they are for the RF transmitter and receiver, It has nothing to do with the program. The address is being set using the jumper on smoke detector and PR board to ensure that signal is being sent and received correctly. You can refer to page 7 of Details Description.

2. I think that should be "what" instead of "why", right? You will need to use UIC00A/B to load the sample program to PIC. Or any programmer that available in the market.

Good luck!
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby fatimah » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

thanks for ur explaination...
fatimah
Novice

Return to DIY Project Set