PR8-B: RFID Read & Display

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR8-B: RFID Read & Display

Postby redips_id » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Cytron,

My PR8-B problem, it is shown like the PIC do not operate at all, no beep, LCD blank, so I guess the PIC is problem, after replace for the 3rd times, it is still show the same problem, then I guess the crystal, I measured using oscilloscope, there have sine wave.

Is there any suggestions/ideas to troubleshoot my PR8-B?

Thank you..
Request for complete solution for FYP? Why don't request for graduation certificate?
redips_id
Discoverer

Re: PR8-B: RFID Read & Display

Postby joliza » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 am

Hi redips_id,

Usually it is because of Crystal is not working thus PIC is not running.Try writing a simple LED blinking to verify whether the crystal is running or not.
joliza
Novice

Postby ober » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 am

That's strange..... 8-)

We have a few similar cases, the root cause might be some of the following reasons:
1. coupling cap for Crystal is wrong, both of it should be within 15pF to 33pF. It will still generate Sine Wave, but not the correct one.
2. Reset pin of PIC is always low or unstable, causing reseting.
3. This should not happen, but still there are cases, so just put it, PIC is not programmed with the correct hex code or not program at all. :D
4. Since you have replaced 3rd PIC, it should not be the PIC problem, else I would have suggest to check the PIC.
5. How about power supply? Can you check whether the voltage regulator is supplying 5V?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby redips_id » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you ober, I have learn a lot of tips to troubleshoot from you, before this I directly solder the crystal to the board, then I replaced like a SK40C crystal (+ turn pin) in order to change the crystal easily, however I used the same crystal again and its working, huhu.. I don't know why.. Maybe technique of solder or my solder lead is not good.. haha.. :lol:
Request for complete solution for FYP? Why don't request for graduation certificate?
redips_id
Discoverer

Postby ober » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Idris, you are welcome.

It seem that you have done a lot of project using PIC Microcontroller 8-) , very good work!

Mind if I ask you to share some of the project in Cytron Blog or ever write in article for ROBOT. Head to Toe magazine?
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby redips_id » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Of course can, but I have a problem in writing.. :( I'll try my best to share with Cytron what I have done. Thank you again... (If can, I want work with Cytron, ngeeee :D )
redips_id
Discoverer

Postby shahrul » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:46 am

redips_id WROTE:Of course can, but I have a problem in writing.. :( I'll try my best to share with Cytron what I have done. Thank you again... (If can, I want work with Cytron, ngeeee :D )

good, haha :o
shahrul
Professional

Postby ober » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh... Shahrul, you seem to support what I suggest? I saw your blog, you did a great job on using PIC microcontroller and doing tutorial. Would you like to share it on ROBOT. Head to Toe article?
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby shahrul » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 pm

ober WROTE:Oh... Shahrul, you seem to support what I suggest? I saw your blog, you did a great job on using PIC microcontroller and doing tutorial. Would you like to share it on ROBOT. Head to Toe article?

Maybe can. I only can write more to technical rather than teoretical. I same as Idris. ;)
shahrul
Professional

Postby ober » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Is OK, as long as it is in English and related to Microcontroller.

Please do visit robot head to toe website and download the template here.

Hope to get the article soon, thanks in advance.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to DIY Project Set