PR 25 HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PROBLEMS

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR 25 HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PROBLEMS

Postby kamal kemo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Regarding PR25 i manage to operate the circuit but :
1/ how to add the card number to the program in order to unlock the door?
2/ i need to operate sw2 as release button for the lock how can i?
3/ how to make GUI in this system so it will be easy to modify by administrators?
problems :
i changed the voltage regulator because it release the voltage as in the input to the other components ( PIC +LCD) and now it's functioning but i need to to ask about:
the programming modification if i want to add my cards 0004846541 073,62413 i now that it takes 8numbers so should i initialize that in (char id1[]) or (int id2[]).

please reply me as soon as possible.
thanks
kamal kemo
Greenhorn

Re: PR 25 HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE PROBLEMS

Postby shiyan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:24 pm

kamal kemo WROTE:Regarding PR25 i manage to operate the circuit but :
1/ how to add the card number to the program in order to unlock the door?
2/ i need to operate sw2 as release button for the lock how can i?
3/ how to make GUI in this system so it will be easy to modify by administrators?
problems :
i changed the voltage regulator because it release the voltage as in the input to the other components ( PIC +LCD) and now it's functioning but i need to to ask about:
the programming modification if i want to add my cards 0004846541 073,62413 i now that it takes 8numbers so should i initialize that in (char id1[]) or (int id2[]).
please reply me as soon as possible.
thanks

Have you try modifying the code? Do you expect this forum to write code for you? You need to have something for us to see and point out where to modify.

What do you mean by the voltage regulator release the voltage as in the input to component? Are you sure you solder correctly? If you have it supplying the 9V or 12 from power source and it goes directly to PIC and LCD, you will have to change these 2 devices.
shiyan
Amateur

Postby kamal kemo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm

unsigned char id1[2]={073,62413127};//initialize 1st id1 in the array
unsigned int id2[2]={073,62413127};//initialize 1st id2 in the array
while(mode==0) //no RFID tag is placed on RFID reader
{
if((data0==0)||(data1==0)) mode=1;//RFID tag is placed on RFID reader (receive data stream from RFID tag)
else if(sw1==0) mode=2;//push button is pressed, enter to save mode
}
firstly, i changed both ID array to initialize my card to open the lock but it keep giving me random numbers on the LCD ( USER NOT FOUND) WHICH MEANS ALL THE SWITCH LOOP is not working.

secondly for sw1 pushing the button on the PCB is not working .

help me to add cards and to auto save the card serial when i press the sw1 button.
kamal kemo
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 pm

kamal kemo WROTE:unsigned char id1[2]={073,62413127};//initialize 1st id1 in the array
unsigned int id2[2]={073,62413127};//initialize 1st id2 in the array

firstly, i changed both ID array to initialize my card to open the lock but it keep giving me random numbers on the LCD ( USER NOT FOUND) WHICH MEANS ALL THE SWITCH LOOP is not working.

secondly for sw1 pushing the button on the PCB is not working .

help me to add cards and to auto save the card serial when i press the sw1 button.

Seem like you did not go through the details description, or at least not very clear. Starting from Page 4, there is a section of Interface RFID tag with WIEGAND RFID tag reader and continue..... and if you observe carefully the example given, the card that shown in page 8, figure 26: Wiegand is 127, 22449 and at figure 25, the code show that id1 is holding 127 while id2 hold 22449. That is very curcial for you to change the program. Let's say now, you have new RFID tag with the weigand number of 073,62413. You should change the id1[2] = {073,0}; and id2[2] = {62413,0}; and try.

try this and learn from it. Please understand the nature of embedded system, we as designer or developer is require to know what is happening in order to modify a system.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kildaz redtooth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 pm

hi there, i would like to ask a question.

can i change the output of the PR25 from door lock magnet to a relay?

do i need to change the coding?(if i want the same system as original.) :?:
kildaz redtooth
Freshie

Postby zhenning » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:38 pm

kildaz redtooth WROTE:hi there, i would like to ask a question.

can i change the output of the PR25 from door lock magnet to a relay?

do i need to change the coding?(if i want the same system as original.) :?:

Look at this:
http://www.robotshop.com/ca/content/PDF ... n-pr25.pdf

there is already a relay before the lock =)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby josethong » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

hello,
my DIY project(PR25) LCD does not display anything(actually should be display "place your tag on the reader")...isn't the program problem? if yes...please tell me the solution
josethong
Fledgling

Postby Idris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:24 pm

josethong WROTE:hello,
my DIY project(PR25) LCD does not display anything(actually should be display "place your tag on the reader")...isn't the program problem? if yes...please tell me the solution

The problem can comes from hardware and firmware. If the programming code have tested and working, then the problem maybe on the hardware. Problem from hardware can occur on component failure, connection, etc. Did the connection is in good condition?
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby robosang » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 am

Most likely is your hardware, show us the hardware, capture a clear photo of your hardware.
robosang
Expert

Postby hazwan14 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:13 pm

i hv a question..i cant install the rfid reader..when i put in the reader slot the power totally lost as the power led will turn off..can u help with my problem
hazwan14
Fledgling

Next

Return to DIY Project Set