Need help for my FYP

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Need help for my FYP

Postby yfmoo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Guy,

I need to get some inform from u guy regarding my FYP ....title multilevel planting greenhouse......need 4 sensor to detect the plant grow :
1.Temperture
2. Humidity
3. PH =
4. LDR
once get all this data and need to export to PC( Collect data)\

I plan to do a temperature, humidity, PH & LDR sensing.should I combined Humidity & PH sensor in PR11 ( Port A)........
what thing i need to change in the PIC source code for Humidity & PH?

do i need to build a data logger to export the sensing data ....any idea?
yfmoo

Re: Need help for my FYP

Postby shahrul » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:41 pm

yfmoo WROTE:I plan to do a temperature, humidity, PH & LDR sensing.should I combined Humidity & PH sensor in PR11 ( Port A)........

Just getting all the sensor temperature, humidity, PH and LDR.
LDR is not sensing parameter, it's sensing device, but I think maybe you want measure the irradiation. You just read value of solar light.
To read that, it most of using analog. You program to use the ADC module on PIC.
shahrul
Professional

Postby navidbox » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 pm

shahrul WROTE:
yfmoo WROTE:I plan to do a temperature, humidity, PH & LDR sensing.should I combined Humidity & PH sensor in PR11 ( Port A)........

Just getting all the sensor temperature, humidity, PH and LDR.
LDR is not sensing parameter, it's sensing device, but I think maybe you want measure the irradiation. You just read value of solar light.
To read that, it most of using analog. You program to use the ADC module on PIC.

i need the same job but for the different analog measurement. i can already display the values. but how to log them?

Please help me if you have made any progression on that.
navidbox

Postby hyng » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 am

The simplest ways to communicate with PC is by using the USB to UART Converter. Once you can communicate with the PC, you can try to display your data (sending your data to Computer) at Hyperterminal.
There is few sample projects which use the USB to UART converter to communicate with PC such as
Fingerprint Reader (UART) http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=MCwwKQoMEjIbHDQuLzMvM1hPrMDR63dkqr6UCHzqVWA=
hyng

Postby sich » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:38 am

navidbox WROTE:i need the same job but for the different analog measurement. i can already display the values. but how to log them?

Where do u want to log the data? Inside the PC or PIC?
For PC, the easiest way is to save the data in a text file. For PIC or any mcu, you can save in program memory, eeprom...
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby Brian Griffin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 am

Another way of logging the data is to put the contents into the SDcard.

However the coding of accessing the SDcard is very tedious and libraries are recommended. Please check CCS compiler or MikroC, they have those inside. I believe MPLAB C18 has those libraries too.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby shahrul » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:15 am

Brian Griffin WROTE:However the coding of accessing the SDcard is very tedious and libraries are recommended. Please check CCS compiler or MikroC, they have those inside. I believe MPLAB C18 has those libraries too.

Yes, true. I KIV SDcard project about 1 year. It's so difficult to build this using Hi-Tech, because I never use CCS compiler and MikroC yet.
shahrul
Professional

Return to DIY Project Set