PR14 Alarm System (NEED HELP!!)

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR14 Alarm System (NEED HELP!!)

Postby network59 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 pm

I need some one to guide me with the PR14 error

I'm already finish with the soldering and programming using the ICSP. The problem is when I turn the PR14 ON and after 15 sec from pressing the SW1, it didn't go into scanning mode but it just become so noisy.

Is something wrong with the PIR sensor? Because I did a mistake once by connecting the Vcc from the PR14 to the Ground at the PIR sensor, same goes with the Ground from the PR14 to the Vcc at the PIR. Does wrong polarity of the sensor causes the sensor to become malfunction? I change the connection back to the correct polarity, and it still make the same noises. I already turn the Delay Time with a clockwise at the PIR sensor so it can calibrated with the environment. It is not working at all.

So basically, my PR14 only make alarm noises after 15sec. Do I need to buy a new PIR sensor?

Sorry, I'm still new with this electronics stuff and trying to learn from mistakes. :(

I really need help on this.

network59
Fledgling

Re: PR14 Alarm System (NEED HELP!!)

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 pm

network59 WROTE:Is something wrong with the PIR sensor? Because I did a mistake once by connecting the Vcc from the PR14 to the Ground at the PIR sensor, same goes with the Ground from the PR14 to the Vcc at the PIR. Does wrong polarity of the sensor causes the sensor to become malfunction? I change the connection back to the correct polarity, and it still make the same noises. I already turn the Delay Time with a clockwise at the PIR sensor so it can calibrated with the environment. It is not working at all.

Most probably is burn already :(
robosang
Expert

Re: PR14 Alarm System (NEED HELP!!)

Postby shahrul » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

I also have tested the PIR Sensor. I think that is not good enough. It's not detect properly. Sometimes it triggered when detect moving object, but it's sometimes suddently triggered without moving object. This make the alarm noisy. See video here.
shahrul
Professional

Return to DIY Project Set