PR8 lcd and pic pin configuration

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR8 lcd and pic pin configuration

Postby kwlew » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:19 pm

from the schematic of this project the DB0-DB7 of the lcd is connected to the RB0-RB7 of PIC16, can i just connect the lcd DB0-DB7 to PIC16 of RB7-RB0?
Thanks.
kwlew

Re: PR8 lcd and pic pin configuration

Postby hyng » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 am

I wonder why you want to do that? Yes, you can do that BUT you need to modify the program. Anyway, PR8's PCB is fixed as shown in the schematic.
hyng

Postby ober » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:52 pm

kwlew WROTE:from the schematic of this project the DB0-DB7 of the lcd is connected to the RB0-RB7 of PIC16, can i just connect the lcd DB0-DB7 to PIC16 of RB7-RB0?

Yes, hyng is right. You can change the port to be inverse, but software will require modification. But there is no logic to do so as sending data to that port will become inverse too :D

i am curious to know the reason behind your proposal, mind sharing with us why you want to connect in such a way as you don save any IO pin, the interface pin still remain same.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ABSF » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm

One reason I can think of is that you are making your own PCB following the PR8 schematics and the DB0 to DB7 are reversed on the LCD side. And when you discovered it, it was too late :roll:

No big deal. You can always use #defines to put it right. Not sure if the LCD library is affected.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Return to DIY Project Set