PR8-B my circuit not working

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR8-B my circuit not working

Postby bahirah87 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

my circuit for PR8-B not working.. the green LED is on.. but the LCD not. the voltage regulator and PIC become hot. i have change the voltage regulator and unsolder LCD and solder it back but the circuit still not operate. what should i do next??
bahirah87

Re: PR8-B my circuit not working

Postby robosang » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:24 pm

bahirah87 WROTE:my circuit for PR8-B not working.. the green LED is on.. but the LCD not. the voltage regulator and PIC become hot. i have change the voltage regulator and unsolder LCD and solder it back but the circuit still not operate. what should i do next??

Capture a photo of the hardware, top and bottom, show us :lol: Might get some problem there.
robosang
Expert

Postby ABSF » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:10 pm

PR8 is the "RFID:read and display V2010". Below is the link to the schematics

http://www.cytron.com.my/usr_attachment ... ematic.pdf

From the schematics, I would guess that the PIC is toasted. PIC should never get hot as it is CMOS. May be you have shorted the 7805 input and and output and putting 9V directly on the PIC Vcc pin in the start.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby shiyan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 pm

ABSF WROTE:From the schematics, I would guess that the PIC is toasted. PIC should never get hot as it is CMOS. May be you have shorted the 7805 input and and output and putting 9V directly on the PIC Vcc pin in the start.

Most probably..... You toasted something :D

I like robosang suggestion, capture a clear photo of the setup.... we might be able to get something from there.
shiyan
Amateur

Postby bahirah87 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:00 am

Yup.. i have toast my PIC and voltage regulator. there is short circuit... now my circuit works
bahirah87

Return to DIY Project Set