EEPROM.... simple explanation please help me

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

EEPROM.... simple explanation please help me

Postby bahirah87 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 am

i need to modified my program from PR8B.. i want to make the RFID reader to read and PIC store the ID in EEPROM. or mybe just to add few more name in EEPROM. the program that i modify can only store 5 user only? Why? is memory RAM is not enough?
bahirah87

Re: EEPROM.... simple explanation please help me

Postby robosang » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:43 pm

bahirah87 WROTE:i need to modified my program from PR8B.. i want to make the RFID reader to read and PIC store the ID in EEPROM. or mybe just to add few more name in EEPROM. the program that i modify can only store 5 user only? Why? is memory RAM is not enough?

1. If it is simple, you will not be asking here. You should already know simple thing. When you know, is simple; when you don know, is not simple.
2. And please explain in detail what is PR8B about, not everyone in forum know what is that :D, I am sure even Cytron staff is not familiar with the code.
3. In datasheet of PIC, there is sample code to write and read to/from internal EEPROM.
4. You should be able to write ID to program memory, not necessary need the EEPROM.
5. Are you sure in only 5 users? How do you know?
6. Why is RAM? You can actually store in Program memory.
robosang
Expert

Postby bahirah87 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:57 am

hehe.. mybe for someone else is simple. the pr8 project using RFID reader to read RFID tag. and it will display through LCD. but i want to make the program able to store into eeprom. and when button 1 is press it will able to display the data from eeprom.and button 2 reset the data in eeprom.. i'm not sure. just saying that it store in RAM... i have look the program in manual but i think it was for one byte data. that is i dont understand.
bahirah87

Postby bahirah87 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:00 pm

i have try put 6 id in the programmning but the LCD become blank
bahirah87

Postby shahrul » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:04 pm

You use PIC16F877A and Hi-Tech compiler?

PIC16F877A have 256byte EEPROM. If 1 id you store 10byte, you can store up to 25 id into EEPROM.
I have done before, store 12 phone number with every phone number have 10byte.
shahrul
Professional

Postby bahirah87 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm

i use pic16f876a.. and hi tech compiler.. yes i have take a look of ur example.. but its look like you store only one digit at a time in eeprom. how to store id in eeprom? and look the data that store in pic
bahirah87

Postby shahrul » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:40 pm

bahirah87 WROTE:i use pic16f876a.. and hi tech compiler.. yes i have take a look of ur example.. but its look like you store only one digit at a time in eeprom. how to store id in eeprom? and look the data that store in pic

Of course the eeprom write store 1 byte at 1 address, then do again to store on other address for the rest byte.
shahrul
Professional

Return to DIY Project Set