Power supply for PR11

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Power supply for PR11

Postby tiongpatrick86 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:27 pm

If i want to supply the PR11 circuit with 24volt and up to 6Ampere. do we need to change anything on the circuit? This is because I intend to change one of the brushless fan output and the output requires at least 24V with minimum of 6A in order to function properly. If changes on the circuits is required, please kindly gives some suggestion.... Thanks.
tiongpatrick86
Freshie

Re: Power supply for PR11

Postby yonghui » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:31 pm

hi,

there driver is
BD135 transistor, check if the transistor able to support the voltage and current, the VCE sat.

if cant then opt for other driver.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby ober » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 am

I don think you can control 6A using the existing component and PCB of PR11.

1. To control high ampere load, the transistor must be able to support more than that current, 6A must atleast require the transistor Ice (collector to emitter) to be atleast 12A, because it will dissipate heat, and will further damage the transistor in long term. Not to mention that the current design is not meant for 6A of look, do check the spec of transistor use in PR11 as suggested by yonghui.

2. The PCB track of PR11, it must be wide/big enough to sustain 6A or more for continuous running. Current design does not carter for that.

You will need change to higher switching transistor/MOSFET and create your own PCB with larger track.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tiongpatrick86 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:24 am

Thanks for useful information. I learned a lot. :)
tiongpatrick86
Freshie

Return to DIY Project Set