PR 11 Temperature Control System..

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR 11 Temperature Control System..

Postby Tianjin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 pm

robosang WROTE:Can you clarify, which pin from PIC is connected to LCD? PORTD? From the wiring, it does not seem to be PORTD.

I am pretty sure there is problem at DB1 of LCD data port.

woow, you are right indeed! It works well now when I use PORTD. Thank you very much all of youuu.
But why at PORTB?
Tianjin
Novice

Postby Brian Griffin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Port B could be shared with an A/D module input or a comparator input at default, hence the inability to be an output. You need to disable those first if the pin is needed to be operating at digital output.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby Tianjin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Brian Griffin WROTE:Port B could be shared with an A/D module input or a comparator input at default, hence the inability to be an output. You need to disable those first if the pin is needed to be operating at digital output.

Hi all. With ur help, I have learned how I can configure z bits too and i've done my first PR11 DIY project. Now,I've read most lcd tutorials and I changed the 8 bit PR11 DIY into 4 bit PR11 DIY and z lcd reads z temp value but it says "[HD44780]controller received data whilst busy". I can't solve it out and I need ur help. below is z entire program. Thank you!

wow,I got it. i missed to put the delay.
Tianjin
Novice

Postby vine » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi All,

I would like to ask if anyone had tried to use 40 pin PIC instead of the 28 pin PIC (PIC16F876A) that this PR11 originally uses?
What are the changes in the hardware and in the program? Thanks for the reply in advance.
vine
Fledgling

Postby ABSF » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 am

I would like to ask if anyone had tried to use 40 pin PIC instead of the 28 pin PIC (PIC16F876A) that this PR11 originally uses?
What are the changes in the hardware and in the program? Thanks for the reply in advance.

Should be no problem. Just change the header of your program like include, config....etc

The 876 and 877 are in the same family of chips. 876 is 28 PDIP while 877 is 40 PDIP. The 877 has extra D and E ports. The rest are almost the same .

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby putu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 am

Hi

Can anyone please give me an idea how to change the tempA and tempB temperature settings using external switches, potentiometer, keypad, etc so that it can be changed easily without editing the source code and downloading the new program?

if((tempA>=350)&&(tempB<400))

Thanks
putu
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:49 pm

putu WROTE:Hi

Can anyone please give me an idea how to change the tempA and tempB temperature settings using external switches, potentiometer, keypad, etc so that it can be changed easily without editing the source code and downloading the new program?

if((tempA>=350)&&(tempB<400))

Thanks

You are referring to PR11? Well, you can assign resisters to keep the value, and the value can be modify from maybe potentiometer, or keypad or push button. But you will need to add the necessary components needed and not to forget develop the program needed to use all this component.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby putu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:26 pm

I tried to use a potentiometer as an analogue input, in replacement with the LM35. The value is 100 kilo ohms and did not changed the program. The LCD displayed 20 degC when the potentiometer is in the fully counter clockwised position. The LCD displays 224 degC in the fully clockwise position. Below is the program that was not changed in the PR11 project. Can you please tell me how to modify the code so that the LCD displays 0 to 100 degC as the minimum and maximum values?

ADCON0=CHANNEL0; //CHANNEL1=0b10001001
lcd_goto(10);

read_adc();

temp=read_temp();
dis_num(temp/10);
send_char('.');
dis_num(temp%10);
send_char(0b11011111);
send_char('C');
send_char(' ');
send_char(' ');

tempA=temp;
putu
Freshie

Postby wenfyt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi, I had assembled this project (PR11) on breadboard, when it is power 'ON', the LCD show 1 row of black squares ? why is it like that ? what does __CONFIG (0x3F32) represent ? Thank you.
:?
wenfyt
Fledgling

Postby Idris » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:15 am

wenfyt WROTE:Hi, I had assembled this project (PR11) on breadboard, when it is power 'ON', the LCD show 1 row of black squares ? why is it like that ? what does __CONFIG (0x3F32) represent ? Thank you.

If you don't mind, could you share the hardware photo here?
__CONFIG(0x3F32) represent PIC Configuration Word, you can refer to datasheet.
Untitled.png
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Previous

Return to DIY Project Set