RF Remote Control

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

RF Remote Control

Postby Eddy Ramlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:47 am

hello.
as a beginner,by referring to DIY-PR6-A ( Bluetooth remote control), i would like to change BLUETOOTH into RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) to become a ' RF remote control ' and use for home automation especially for lamp and fan. it is possible?
then do you have any suggestion of site or reading material for this, to add my knowledge bout this.
THANK YOU.
Eddy Ramlin
Greenhorn

Re: RF Remote Control

Postby kl84 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 pm

If you only need to send command and don't need to read from device, RF module (one way communication) can be used. Take a look at this diy project from Cytron.
kl84
Amateur

Postby royalstorm7 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

u can use 433Mhz rf receiver transmitter + PT2262 + PT2272 and microcontroller for total control solution...yes it's fun..

royalstorm7@yahoo.com
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby Eddy Ramlin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 am

royalstorm7 WROTE:u can use 433Mhz rf receiver transmitter + PT2262 + PT2272 and microcontroller for total control solution...yes it's fun..

royalstorm7@yahoo.com

salam.tq sir for ur suggestion. i have done with PT2262+2272 to control ON and OFF function (as a switch) for fan and lamp but then now i would like to add another function it is speed function for the fan and dimmer for the lamp(if possible) with that i have to change the PIC here i need ur idea or suggestion about the suitable PIC that can be use to perform this task? tq
Eddy Ramlin
Greenhorn

Postby Eddy Ramlin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

kl84 WROTE:If you only need to send command and don't need to read from device, RF module (one way communication) can be used. Take a look at this diy project from Cytron.

tq and need ur suggestion..it is possible for me to change the function? to add speed function for the fan and dimmer to the lamp(if possible). what kind of PIC can be use? and it is possible for me to use this circuit to perform mine? tq
Eddy Ramlin
Greenhorn

Postby zhenning » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:29 am

Eddy Ramlin WROTE:
kl84 WROTE:If you only need to send command and don't need to read from device, RF module (one way communication) can be used. Take a look at this diy project from Cytron.

tq and need ur suggestion..it is possible for me to change the function? to add speed function for the fan and dimmer to the lamp(if possible). what kind of PIC can be use? and it is possible for me to use this circuit to perform mine? tq

yes , it is possible. depending on what is the size of your code and any other extra hardware functions such as 2 uart, any PIC would do.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to DIY Project Set