PR29

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR29

Postby robosang » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 am

Don think is the problem of LCD. If possible do test it on a working board such as SK40C, don solder it, use header or socket to stack it. I seldom see broken LCD though my friend do get a faulty LCD once, but that might be due to wrong interface he did earlier.

Are you sure there is 5V from voltage regulator, I know you checked it :) Just to makesure again, because this LCD works at 5V, at 3.3V or below it cannot function, tried that before at least we the LCD I have 8-)
robosang
Expert

Postby mark » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 pm

ok. i will re-check the connection on the lcd again. thanks a lot.
mark
Novice

Postby mark » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot!
I've took out everything and reconnect it on another breadboard.
I can see Cytron Tech PR29 now.
mark
Novice

Postby ABSF » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 am

mark WROTE:Thanks a lot!
I've took out everything and reconnect it on another breadboard.
I can see Cytron Tech PR29 now.

Congratulaions! You finally got it working. That's why using breadboard is not 100% foolproof.

Next you can move on with the FP device and see if it works.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby mark » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 pm

My circuit on the breadboard work until the Cytron Tech PR29 appear and then nothing happen d. (Have been putting it aside to do my pcb and my final exam) I have to go ahead with pcb cz that is the last session of pcb our college willing to do. Then, i solder it on pcb and I see black boxes again.
mark
Novice

Postby shahrul » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

mark WROTE:My circuit on the breadboard work until the Cytron Tech PR29 appear and then nothing happen d. (Have been putting it aside to do my pcb and my final exam) I have to go ahead with pcb cz that is the last session of pcb our college willing to do. Then, i solder it on pcb and I see black boxes again.

Recheck the LCD connection on the PCB.
shahrul
Professional

Postby mark » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I would also like to ask if anyone done this on a breadboard before? Cuz if it really doesn't work in the end. I just have to show some photos when it is working to at least pass my final project.
mark
Novice

Postby ABSF » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm

If it works on the breadboard and doesnt work on the PCB. It could be due to the PCB is not properly made - maybe some traces are missing or shorted. Did you check all the traces with an ohm meter and make sure that they are not open circuit? :roll:

May be the connections to the LCD is wrong or dry joint just as Shahrul said. :roll:

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby mark » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

ok. i'll try to recheck everything.
mark
Novice

Postby ABSF » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 am

mark WROTE:My circuit on the breadboard work until the Cytron Tech PR29 appear and then nothing happen d. (Have been putting it aside to do my pcb and my final exam) I have to go ahead with pcb cz that is the last session of pcb our college willing to do. Then, i solder it on pcb and I see black boxes again.

As a beginner, you should document every steps that you have done to rectify the fault. Stating the date and time, what you did, what happens after the action, comments etc in a log book. This will be useful later afterward if you were interrupted with other works. And would also be useful if you wish to post your actions on the forum when you need help.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Project Set