PR 29 LCD no display

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR 29 LCD no display

Postby Suria » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:36 pm

i've inserted the sample program in the PIC. but there is no display. here is the connection. sorry, it's a bit messy.. but the preset is not yet connected.

if it's too bright, will it display the text?
Attachments
31032012197.jpg
Suria
Novice

Re: PR 29 LCD no display

Postby ABSF » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:33 pm

The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Most probably the hardware problem :) I remembered seeing quite a number of threads discuss about this DIY project from Cytron, and most of them have the project working with the example code. They asked to add features, users....

Check the connection! LCD will need to have preset to configure the contrast.
robosang
Expert

Postby Suria » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 pm

robosang WROTE:Most probably the hardware problem :) I remembered seeing quite a number of threads discuss about this DIY project from Cytron, and most of them have the project working with the example code. They asked to add features, users....

Check the connection! LCD will need to have preset to configure the contrast.

we have checked the connection.. is it because of we're not using the U1C000B to program the sample program given?
Suria
Novice

Postby ABSF » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Before I bought UIC00B, I use JDM programmer to program my PIC via COM port and the programmer software is "pic prog". Everything worked fine! :) Only thing is that you have to set the CONFIG bits correctly.

No, the programmer is not the problem as long as the codes are burnt correctly and verified without error, it should work.

I agreed with robosang, it is certainly a hardware fault. What test gears do you have? Scope, logic probe, or just multimeter?
Are you sure the crystal OSC is working? You need to do a live trouble shooting (with power on) to find the fault. :mrgreen:

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:40 am

Why don verify the PIC is working or not as suggested by Allen, just a simple LED blinking will do the work!
robosang
Expert

Return to DIY Project Set