PR16 PROJECT~~MODIFICATION PROGRAMMING AND TESTING METHOD

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR16 PROJECT~~MODIFICATION PROGRAMMING AND TESTING METHOD

Postby huntersouls » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi;

I need some help testing on the RX and TX functional, would it be possible to testing the output from RX to a LED? The LED will light up when there is an input data from TX?

Beside that, is it possible when programming i just need the output from RX to be logic "1" in MCU? Instead using UART function?
huntersouls
Novice

Re: PR16 PROJECT~~PROGRAMMING AND TESTING METHOD

Postby yonghui » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 am

hi,
very sorry, not so sure what do u want to do.
when programming, i am not sure what the pin state is. but mayb u try to pull up with a 10k resistor.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Re: PR16 PROJECT~~MODIFICATION PROGRAMMING AND TESTING METHO

Postby huntersouls » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi again~~~~

i was trying to modification on the program provided by cytron cause i want make it simple. In cytron it transfer 8 bit data but in my project i simply want it receive one input with two output with single bit.

I was thinking make it simple I/O for the PIC chip. But the receiver there provide a 2.5V voltage at the output for normal condition and it will reach 5V when there is signal. So i can't make it simple I/O function on PIC. Is there a way to make the output for the receiver output always 0V when there is not signal?
huntersouls
Novice

Re: PR16 PROJECT~~MODIFICATION PROGRAMMING AND TESTING METHO

Postby yonghui » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 am

hi,

for UART the voltage is only either 5V or 0V, if u measure 2.5V under oscilloscope there is something wrong. if u measure using multimeter, then probably there is signal running. UART always send one byte of data. if u want o send 1 bit signal, just use a normal IO port.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to DIY Project Set