PR7 Help

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR7 Help

Postby njburrett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi,

I have purchased the PR7 and assembled it all, but I am having problems getting it to work. On the first time I turned it on, the fan started to work on the SD02B circuit, but then promptly stopped. Now I can not get it to work at all. The only thing that works are the LED's on the PR7 circuit. Does it need to be programmed before it will work? I thought that it came with sample code already programmed? Please can you advise what the problem might be.

Thank you,

Nick.
Attachments
IMG_0004_1000.jpg
njburrett
Greenhorn

Re: PR7 Help

Postby sich » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Yes, the mcu is pre-programmed with the hex code. It should work by just plugging in to the IC socket if everything else is correctly done.

First of all, the Power led of SD02B is not lighted up. It should light up once the power is connected. Can you carefully check the voltage of Vmotor pin at SD02B? It could be loose wire connection which caused the power outage at SD02B, since PR7 seems to be running.
PR7_SD02B_troubleshoot.jpg
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby njburrett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thank you for the reply. I don't have a voltmeter to hand, so I just used a piece of wire to connect the two parts in your diagram. When doing so, the green light on the SD02B board lights up. So does this mean there is a loose connection on this board somewhere?
njburrett
Greenhorn

Postby sich » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:23 pm

njburrett WROTE:I just used a piece of wire to connect the two parts in your diagram.

You mean connecting GND to Vmotor as shown in the diagram? That will spoilt the board!

If you mean connecting Vmotor of PR7 and Vmotor of SD02B, then yes. It shows the connection between these two points are loose.
sich

Postby njburrett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Connecting between Vmotor of PR7 and Vmotor of SD02B the light still is off on SD02B, so I assume that means it's not the connection between the two boards which is the problem. Only with a direct connection between GND to Vmotor of SD02B does the light turn green.
njburrett
Greenhorn

Postby sich » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:33 am

That's abnormal. Can you take out PR7 from the system and directly connect 12V to Vmotor and GND of SD02B? You don't have to connect anything else to SD02B at this point. Then press Reset once and press Test button to see if the motor moves.
sich

Postby yonghui » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:45 am

Hi,

Please Test your SD02 board standalone without PR7 to see whether SD02 working properly.

1. Just Power ON the SD02 board with the battery by connecting battery supply to vmotor, and gnd.
2. select Jumper on SD02 as Vmotor.
3. Then Observe that the PWR LED on SD02 is ON ?
4. press Test Button to test the SD02. Observe to see the Stepper motor rotate or not? the X, !X, Y, !Y LED blink or not?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to DIY Project Set