arduino traffic light

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

arduino traffic light

Postby aten_mashi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:54 am

hi friends,
i just want to ask a help on Arduino program.
i want to create an intelligent traffic light for 3 way junction.
during normal hour traffic light will run based on fixed time however during peak time it will change based on the sensor detection of vehicle at that lane. The ir sensor will be put at each of lane.
can anybody help me how to write a program in Arduino IDE which the sensor can interrupt the fixed time cycle of the normal traffic light.
Thanks you.
aten_mashi
Greenhorn

Re: arduino traffic light

Postby Idris » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi aten_mashi,

Do you familiar with Arduino and electronics? If not, try to get familiar with Arduino by doing a simple project first. There have tons of example in the internet. You also can refer to Cytron Uno Starter Kit Book to get started.

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby aten_mashi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:30 pm

aten_mashi WROTE:hi friends,
i just want to ask a help on Arduino program.
i want to create an intelligent traffic light for 3 way junction.
during normal hour traffic light will run based on fixed time however during peak time it will change based on the sensor detection of vehicle at that lane. The ir sensor will be put at each of lane.
can anybody help me how to write a program in Arduino IDE which the sensor can interrupt the fixed time cycle of the normal traffic light.
Thanks you.
aten_mashi
Greenhorn

Postby aten_mashi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:33 pm

hi idris actually im not familiar with arduino..im doing my master at utm with this device..how can i contact u..because i need ur help to create code for traffic light..i need that code so that i can run my project..i need to present my project this sunday..can u help me..
aten_mashi
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:52 pm

I believe Arduino is the easiest to get started microcontroller platform, we have seen even the secondary school student learn it within 3 hours, creating LED blinking.

And Traffic light is basically LED control in special sequence. Strongly suggest you to pick it up yourself.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to DIY Project Set