Simple Robotic Arm

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Simple Robotic Arm

Postby erick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am

hi, im very newbie wif robotic thingy. Now i learn a lot from cytron. I need help wif robotic arm. the robotic arm can control by wireless ps2 joytick. The characteristic of diz arm robotic is it can turn 360 degree n can pick up sumthing around it by control using wireless ps2.

Question is :
1. what shud i buy to build it?
2. i bought pr23 and skps. can pr23 and dat robotic arm control by 1 ps2 wireless joystick?
erick

Re: Simple Robotic Arm

Postby sich » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:00 pm

You may refer to Cytron's RA05A - 5 DOF Robotic Arm here: http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=AzAcGgcfEg4ILh8pDBM6CihdYSw0XD/5qbUqOSdE94U=&store=

erick WROTE:1. what shud i buy to build it?

You'll need servo motors, gripper, servo controller like SC16A, PS2 controller, SKPS and a main controller to serve as the bridge for SKPS and servo controller. This main controller will need to take care of the moving and positioning of the robotic arm too.

erick WROTE:2. i bought pr23 and skps. can pr23 and dat robotic arm control by 1 ps2 wireless joystick?

You need to control them at the same time or...??? If it's at the same time, why?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby erick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm

i want the pr23 move using wireless ps2 joystick n pick up an object by using the ps2 joystick oso.
n dat arm robotic i put it on pr23. make new platform n put it on top of pr23.
erick

Postby sich » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:53 am

It can be done. You need to reprogram pr23 with additional function to control several servo motors. Another way is using a servo controller and reprogram pr23 to communicate with the servo controller. However, you need to check whether pr23 still has extra pins for that modification. Check the schematic given.
sich

Postby erick » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 pm

sich WROTE:Another way is using a servo controller and reprogram pr23 to communicate with the servo controller.

can u do da program for me?

i got Q for pr23.
inside the program for pr23 got program for xbee. but i use SKPS to replace Xbee Starter Kit. Do i need to do sum modification for Xbee Function part in da pr23 program so dat it communicate wif SKPS?
erick

Postby robosang » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 am

Tak tahu malu......
robosang
Expert

Postby sich » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

Robosang: Don't be so angry! It's a norm in this unhealthy nation... :lol:

To whoever reading this: I think we must be clear that this forum is a platform for anyone who needs help in technical knowledge. One should do at least some research and study before he post his questions here. It's really encouraging if one shows his passion in his project. Because of this good attitude, many will come to help. This is important to ensure the quality of the question that results in the quality of the answer. Lets make this forum a place for us to share our knowledge and learn from each other, not an arena to look for extreme shortcuts ;)
sich

Postby ober » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

I would agree with sich, though we cannot stop other from giving comments. We did get a lot of irrelevant posting such as sexual, advertisements and etc, those are scam posting. We are figuring out the method to filter it.

Despite the irrelevant posting, we encourage our forum members to really do some research and study. I strongly agree that you must get your hand dirty in order to learn something, you must do some mistake in order to learn.

Anyway, erick. Yes! In order for PR23 to communicate with SKPS, you need to do some modification on the sample program. You can refer to SKPS User's Manual and also the sample source code under SKPS product page. Good luck.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby erick » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:06 pm

its ok.. ;) dont blame him. i will get used to it.

ok bro sich. thanx for clue. tink i got an idea for da modification.
tink will oder sumthing from cytron and do research for it.

bro ober, tq for response. ya..my bad cz not refer da user manual.
erick

Postby erick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm

hai, ;)

is der any servo dat can turn 360? want to make da base can turn 360 degrees.

edited: servo control by pulse to make it can turn at any degree. :roll:
erick

Next

Return to DIY Project Set