Simple Robotic Arm

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: Simple Robotic Arm

Postby erick » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 am

can i have scorbot n dredbot source code? ;)

tq.. :)
erick

Postby hyng » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:32 pm

hyng

Postby erick » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:52 am

what is da main controller for SKPS n servo controller? do u have dat main controller? :?:

as bro sich said,da main controller serve as the bridge for SKPS and servo controller.

p/s:
its hard for me to get in to diz forum. i am celcom broadband user. sumtimes i have to wait until 5 days den i can get into diz forum. :(
erick

Postby sich » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am

Dregbot uses SK18A with PIC16F628 while Scorbot uses SK40B but not sure about the PIC model.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby erick » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 pm

can i connect da skps and servo controller likde diz?

i need sum advice. tq.. ;)

da other tx n rx is connected to pr23.
erick

Postby hyng » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 am

The main controller for scorbot is 16F877A.
I'm afraid the connection got problem. Both UART pin (2510 connector and header pin connector) in SKPS are the same pin which mean they share the same node from microcontroller. I suppose you have misunderstand the concept.

Both SC16A and SKPS needs a main controller to interface. SKPS will become the input to da main controller. After the main controller receive the command from SKPS, it will command the SC16A to do it work. So SC16A will become output for that main controller.

SKPS --> SK40B --> SC16A
Block diagram shows below:

Scorbot circuit shows below:

Both SKPS and SC16A protocol is UART, therefore the main controller needs two UART. But for usual PIC microcontroller like 16F877A, it only provide one UART peripheral (that's mean you only need to configure some setting to use this UART) and another UART needs to be written by our own (that's mean you need to write the protocol yourself!). But dont worry, scorbot source code has shown how to write the UART! You just refer to da scorbot source code. cheers!
hyng

Postby erick » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 pm

owhh..forgot to tell. im not doing scorbot or dredbot. but from ur explaination above. i understand sumthing at least. so da concept is sc16a and skps needs interface from microcontroller.

da flow is like diz : skps > microcontroller (output from rc5 and rb3) > sc16a. izit correct?

ermm..izit posible if rc5 n rb3 connect to sc16a cz both port hv been used..
erick

Postby sich » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:48 pm

erick WROTE:da flow is like diz : skps > microcontroller (output from rc5 and rb3) > sc16a. izit correct?

Yes, finally u got the idea.

erick WROTE:ermm..izit posible if rc5 n rb3 connect to sc16a cz both port hv been used..

From the schematic and software, we can see that RC5 and RB3 are normal I/O pins that have been used as the pins for software UART. U can use other I/O pins for this software UART's TX and RX pins. However, u need to modify the sample program given.

The reason to use software UART here is because PIC16F877A only have one UART module embedded in the chip and it has been used for communication with SKPS. So in order to communicate with SC16A (which also uses UART for communication), we have to create another UART using software approach - so here comes the software UART.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby erick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:02 pm

I burned the pr23 original source code,line function working perfect!. i put the skps + wireless ps2 on my pr23. i change the program xbee function to skps function. after i burn the program,it does not work. skps n ps2 r connected but when i press one of da button,the skps LED status blinking but no movement on pr23. so i tot my program is wrong. so i burn the original skps source code,oso da same. no movement. n buzzer buzzing until i off da slide switch. wut shud i do?

shud i upload the source code dat i mod? (the *.c and *.hex)
erick

Postby hyng » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 am

I used da SKPS program on PR23 before and it work well. I not sure what is your problem. But hope u can check the jumper on the UART selection at PR23 circuit.
hyng

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Project Set