PR8

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR8

Postby himura_ryuu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:38 am

Hello,

I've bought the PR8 from cytron.
My problem is, how do i connect it the PC???

From what has Joliza told me, i can make use of the Tx pin available on the PIC to transmit the data via serial port. Plus, to use the HyperTerminal to display the character.

What is HyperTerminal???
How can i actually connect it? do i simply make a jumper from Tx pin to the serial cable???

Please help me~~~

My objective is i want to use PR8 as a data acquisition system. Say, a worker flashed the Worker ID Card on the RFID reader, the ID will be dispayed at the LCD and the same signal will be send to PC for data storing purpose. (same like a punch card system).

Anyone, tasukete kudasai~~~ :( :( :(
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Re: PR8

Postby robosang » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 am

Who is joliza? is Cytron Staff?

Anyway, who care? hahah :)

HyperTerminal is a software that come with Window. It connect to your COM port and display any character received from COM port. I think you can easily get it using google! For connection to COM port from PIC, you can try to search for RS232. Good luck!
robosang
Expert

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:46 am

robosang WROTE:Who is joliza? is Cytron Staff?

Anyway, who care? hahah :)

HyperTerminal is a software that come with Window. It connect to your COM port and display any character received from COM port. I think you can easily get it using google! For connection to COM port from PIC, you can try to search for RS232. Good luck!

Indeed she is.

oh, really?? I thought HyperTerminal is sort of special stuff for COM port communication. Huhuhuhu.. :lol:
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby eddson » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:51 am

Hi guys, I'm planning to build my own RFID reader for this project.
Originally the 2510-04 female connector is used to connect the 4 wires of the RFID reader IDR-232.

But my problem is if I build my own RIFD reader, can I still use the PR8 schematic?
How do I connect my reader output to the 2510-04 female connector in the schematic?

Below are the options of schematic I plan to use. Which one is more suitable? Please guide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eddson

Postby eddson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:21 pm

I bought this DIY project last week.

I am wondering if the reader can send the tag ID received to my PIC and also to my computer at the same time? How do I connect my ports?

I'll be using visual basic as an interface for my computer.
Please help. Thanks in advance
eddson

Postby A380 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

eddson WROTE:
I am wondering if the reader can send the tag ID received to my PIC and also to my computer at the same time? How do I connect my ports?

You just connect the RC7 pin (PIC on PR8) to RX pin (UC00A) through a 100 ohm resistor.

UC00A is a USB to UART Converter developed by Cytron Technologies.
http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=Ijo9GgoxNi44HAIUFzwzLMxGife!!!!!48FlOmvd!!!!!kVeHws=&store=
A380
Discoverer

Postby eddson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 pm

A380 WROTE:
eddson WROTE:

You just connect the RC7 pin (PIC on PR8) to RX pin (UC00A) through a 100 ohm resistor.

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=Ijo9GgoxNi44HAIUFzwzLMxGife!!!!!48FlOmvd!!!!!kVeHws=&store=

But RC7(PR8) is a RX pin. Are you sure I should connect RC7(PR8) to RX pin(UC00A) through a 100 ohm resistor?
Or do you mean RC6(PR8) ?
eddson

Postby A380 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 pm

eddson WROTE:
A380 WROTE:
eddson WROTE:

But RC7(PR8) is a RX pin. Are you sure I should connect RC7(PR8) to RX pin(UC00A) through a 100 ohm resistor?
Or do you mean RC6(PR8) ?

Your both PC and PR8 want to receive the data from RFID at the same time, right? So, you should connect RC7(PR8) to RX pin(UC00A) through a 100 ohm resistor. Actually you can connect them directly without 100 ohm resistor, it just for protection.
A380
Discoverer

Postby eddson » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh i see i see.

I have a question, from the Details Description, it is stated that the PIC16F876A has UART feature. But from the datasheet, it is stated that the PIC16F876A has USART feature. So is it okay if I use the UART to USB in this project? Can I say that it is a USART to USB device?

And one more favor, are u familiar with Visual Basic? I'm trying to receive data from the reader using Visual Basic and place the data into a text box which will update itself every time data is received. I'm not familiar with VB so can you help me out?

For your information, I'm using Visual Basic 2008 Express Version.

Thanks in advance.
eddson

Postby ober » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:08 pm

eddson WROTE:
I have a question, from the Details Description, it is stated that the PIC16F876A has UART feature. But from the datasheet, it is stated that the PIC16F876A has USART feature. So is it okay if I use the UART to USB in this project? Can I say that it is a USART to USB device?

Searching from Google, you will get USART stand for Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter. Most of the time, the module is being used for Asynchronous communication, thus UART.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Next

Return to DIY Project Set