PR12 Sample Code Failed To Compile !!!

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR12 Sample Code Failed To Compile !!!

Postby FreshMan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 pm

FreshMan WROTE:
kl84 WROTE:Looks like the RTC is not running or initialized properly. Check all your connection and components...

I'll recheck the connection. and is there a way we can check if the RTC is working properly? because i saw some "big" crack on the chip itself and i'm wondering....

kl84 WROTE:No problem but you just have to make sure your connection is correct. Is the programming successful?

ya the programming is successful and i loaded it into the circuit successfully
FreshMan
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Good to hear that 8-)
robosang
Expert

Postby askalee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi expert,

I recently just bought PR12 but i replaced the lcd by serial 2x16 lcd. Its not working properly...

SCL line is used by RTC and serial lcd...when i set portc to input. It display black block.

Help~

thanks in advance
askalee
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Since PIC16F877A share I2C and SPI pins, it is quite difficult for you to share device using I2C and SPI on same PIC. Every time when you want to communicate with particular device you will need to configure it to correct mode (SPI or I2C) and start the communication.

Frankly, not encourage to do so. My advise is to either use parallel LCD as the original PR12 or you create your own software SPI, sometime called "bit bang".
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby askalee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi expert,

Actually im fresh on this sharing pin. Can u teach me more, I willing to learn. Or any doc can help?
askalee
Freshie

Previous

Return to DIY Project Set