PR15 - Reading Gas and Humidity Sensor

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR15 - Reading Gas and Humidity Sensor

Postby dobot_13 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 am

shahrir : Why does the temperature sensor output value in HSM-20G, through measurement not as the same value as in the datasheet?

cytron: Which reading do you refer to? Because this DIY does not take the temperature sensor reading, it take the humidity reading from HSM-20G. If you are taking temperature sensor, what is the voltage and what is the temperature? Please continue this discussion in our forum as this column is for short inquiry.

The reading I'm referring to is from the temperature output. From the datasheet [voltage vs, temperature], for 30℃ the output voltage is around 2.5V-2.6V. But when i measured at the voltage output pin out, the measurement reading is around 1.06V only. The measurement is taken at the initial room temperature. I was expecting the measurement output about close to 2.3V-2.4V [close to 30℃].

I'm intended to use this HSM-20G as it had both humidity and temperature sensor for my temperature and humidity measurement reading project. The temperature sensor of HSM-20G show more accurate reading compared to LM35. Pls advised.
dobot_13
Greenhorn

Re: PR15 - Reading Gas and Humidity Sensor

Postby ober » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 am

Hi, according to data sheet, you need to connect a 10k of resistor, have you? This sensor is from supplier that recommend to use for humidity only, though the temperature sensor is there. Anyhow, if the problem still occur, please send it back to us for troubleshooting.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby dobot_13 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:24 am

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.Yes, i've connected it with 10k resistor accordingly based on the data sheet. The humidity sensor part is ok as the output by measurement is as expected same as the output graph. It's the temperature output that make me wonder. I was hoping it produce same output voltage like in the data sheet. One thing, is the humidity reading depending on the temperature sensor in that device? Pls advice.
dobot_13
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 am

In that case, I would advise you to use an independent temperature sensor such as LM35Z as it produce analog output too. We have use the humidity part only. As far as we have tested the sensor, the humidity does not depend on the temperature sensor.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby dobot_13 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks for the advised..Keep up the good work cytron :D
dobot_13
Greenhorn

Return to DIY Project Set