7-Segment dice

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Re: 7-Segment dice

Postby ABSF » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Brian Griffin WROTE:I have a PIC16F628A and a handful of those 7-segs lying around. I could port the code from the webpage and see what happened. :)

That's very kind of you. But I have already constructed the circuit on breadboard last night and I am going to show the pictures here:

With lights off

With light on

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby Brian Griffin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 pm

ABSF WROTE:
Brian Griffin WROTE:I have a PIC16F628A and a handful of those 7-segs lying around. I could port the code from the webpage and see what happened. :)

That's very kind of you. But I have already constructed the circuit on breadboard last night and I am going to show the pictures here:

With lights off

With light on

Allen

That's a neat project you have. :) I love the large seven-seg display u have here. I only bought the smaller ones. :D
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:00 pm

That's a neat project you have. I love the large seven-seg display u have here. I only bought the smaller ones.

Brian Griffin

Cause it was 3.00 am in the morning. I was doing it in a rush as I am having appointments this morning. Too eager to go to sleep! :o

I have a lot of those 7 segment LEDs. Different sizes and different flavors. Some are 2-digit and some 4 digits and also 5x7 and 8x8 dot matrixes. 8-)

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby pic16 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm

WOOOOOOOW....
it work.... it working.....

oscillator problem la...
i go set it XT, watch dog, etc...
and it working now...

last time someone saying about oscillator thing, and i ask he step by step teach me how to set it, but he don't reply me...
but anyway thanks....
i'm poor in english and just an electronic hobbyist.
pic16
Amateur

Postby pic16 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:44 pm

i have almost one week did no sleep more than 5 hours each day for this, look like you are quite crazy too, "working" at 3am... ABSF, i can't find any word to thanks u, u are the most care about my "easy" project, hahaha...

AND Thanks too everyone that come to me, :oops:
i will try to borrow camera again for post a video here..
pic16
Amateur

Postby ABSF » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:02 am

pic16 WROTE:i have almost one week did no sleep more than 5 hours each day for this, look like you are quite crazy too, "working" at 3am... ABSF, i can't find any word to thanks u, u are the most care about my "easy" project, hahaha...

The reasons why a simple project turned into a nightmare for you is because of your lack of experience in PIC. Luckily, it turned out to be a Happy Endding. I hope this experience didn't scare you to death and stops you from undertaking any future PIC projects. :lol: :lol:

That's why a technician cannot teach someone to repair an eletronic organ or radio just be emails and discussions through forum if someone doesn't have the basic skills. You have basic electronic knowledge but not PIC's. You know about electronic components but dont understand them. :?

You should be proud of yourself as you have broken the record of the TOP POSTING chart in this forum (correct me if I am wrong) and you have attracted more than 500 views in this thread. As for me I started using PIC by doing Timer Kits from Escol. They have plenty of simple Kits for beginners.

If you want to learn further, you can improve your present design which uses one 7-seg LED to two 7-seg LEDs. Just add two transistors plus the unused RB7. You can refer to the link here:

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial_7seg_board.htm

And the software here:
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial10.htm

But you must be willing to learn or else nothing can be accomplished. Most of my PIC knowledge is comming from the tutorials of this website. :mrgreen:

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby pic16 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

ABSF WROTE:
pic16 WROTE:i have almost one week did no sleep more than 5 hours each day for this, look like you are quite crazy too, "working" at 3am... ABSF, i can't find any word to thanks u, u are the most care about my "easy" project, hahaha...

The reasons why a simple project turned into a nightmare for you is because of your lack of experience in PIC. Luckily, it turned out to be a Happy Endding. I hope this experience didn't scare you to death and stops you from undertaking any future PIC projects. :lol: :lol:

That's why a technician cannot teach someone to repair an eletronic organ or radio just be emails and discussions through forum if someone doesn't have the basic skills. You have basic electronic knowledge but not PIC's. You know about electronic components but dont understand them. :?

You should be proud of yourself as you have broken the record of the TOP POSTING chart in this forum (correct me if I am wrong) and you have attracted more than 500 views in this thread. As for me I started using PIC by doing Timer Kits from Escol. They have plenty of simple Kits for beginners.

If you want to learn further, you can improve your present design which uses one 7-seg LED to two 7-seg LEDs. Just add two transistors plus the unused RB7. You can refer to the link here:

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial_7seg_board.htm

And the software here:
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial10.htm

But you must be willing to learn or else nothing can be accomplished. Most of my PIC knowledge is comming from the tutorials of this website. :mrgreen:

Allen

i'm neither an electronic field technician nor an engineer, just an amateur that first time touching the ICD2 and PIC16F84A...
before that i just a remote control car enthusiast, i got that old ICD2 from my friend's china friend(long story...)
now u know me, hahaha... look like everyone too overrate my situation..

i will keep try doing many many project from the internet as my hobby, at the same time try to learning mircocontoller from every expert in cytron forum..

:oops: :oops: :oops: p/s: sorry for my chinese style rojak english ya... SPM level only :oops: :oops: :oops:
pic16
Amateur

Postby pic16 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVwT96gB9II

ta laaa...

hehehe... i know it's simple and nothing speacial, just want sharing amatuer's happiness here... :lol: :oops:
pic16
Amateur

Postby yonghui » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

hi,

try more projects.
shud try to get into the coding/C programming. it will be more fun and more satisfaction rather than burning HEX file only.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

PreviousNext

Return to PIC Microcontroller