how to initialize LCD using c18 compiler ?

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

how to initialize LCD using c18 compiler ?

Postby bumaran » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

hai , i need help regarding the initialization method of LCD using c18 compiler ? i'm using XLCD.h library in the coding but i'm unable to display any character on the LCD display using proteus software ! Anyone can guide me to the steps needed to initialize the LCD using the actual XLCD.h library file ? Thank You
bumaran
Fledgling

Re: how to initialize LCD using c18 compiler ?

Postby robosang » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 am

Study the code in the XLCD.h, you should have a XLCD.c file, study those files. That's the step to initialize the LCD. Never uses Proteus, so cannot help.
robosang
Expert

Postby goodhuman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

bumaran WROTE:hai , i need help regarding the initialization method of LCD using c18 compiler ? i'm using XLCD.h library in the coding but i'm unable to display any character on the LCD display using proteus software ! Anyone can guide me to the steps needed to initialize the LCD using the actual XLCD.h library file ? Thank You

Do u include the header in your main .C include header and the .h file in the MPLAB before u start using it and compile it. After u compile it u should be able to get HEx file it success....
In proteus, put the controller u use.. put in crystal to ur controller power supply and connect ur LCD to it.. the right click ur controller load the hex file in it... your LCD should be able to display if no error occur.
goodhuman
Freshie

Postby pingubrow2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey ,

Like 5 months ago I wanted to do a project with the lcd and I was going to use the same library as yours the xlcd but I didn't do the code successfully so I did the code with .asm assembly and it is very easy to do and you have full control of it.

If you need help on doing the project with assembly just tell me and I will give you some code that I made.
pingubrow2

Return to PIC Microcontroller