Hardware connection bet PIC16F628a and bluetooth XBee module

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Hardware connection bet PIC16F628a and bluetooth XBee module

Postby subashini » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello there,

I am doing a project with PIC16f628a and bluetooth module. I purchased the bluetooth module and the Xbee breakout board. Now I have a problem with the connections. I suppose to connect the Rx and TX of the bluetooth module to the RX and TX of the PIC. There is no example of this connection between the Xbee breakout board and the pic. Can someone explain to me how to connect it ?? Can I just directly connect the pins or there is another way ??

Thank you.
subashini
Greenhorn

Re: Hardware connection bet PIC16F628a and bluetooth XBee mo

Postby zhenning » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 pm

subashini WROTE:Hello there,

I am doing a project with PIC16f628a and bluetooth module. I purchased the bluetooth module and the Xbee breakout board. Now I have a problem with the connections. I suppose to connect the Rx and TX of the bluetooth module to the RX and TX of the PIC. There is no example of this connection between the Xbee breakout board and the pic. Can someone explain to me how to connect it ?? Can I just directly connect the pins or there is another way ??

Thank you.

Take a look at this: http://hades.mech.northwestern.edu/inde ... ctopic.jpg and
this: http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/07/3 ... ontroller/

The Xbee needs to be powered by 3.3V and not 5V. So, you need 5V to 3.3V regulator :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 pm

A proper 3.3V voltage regulator is a must.

Since you do not have SKXBee, you would probably need a proper level shifter to makesure the XBee module is not damage by 5V interface. Check the level shifter, LC04A from Cytron, is cheap and easy to use. I use it for I2C, between 3.3V sensor and PIC.
robosang
Expert

Postby subashini » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Dear Zhenning,

I have allready build the regulator for 3.3v. Thank you very much for the link u sent me, it really cleared mu doubt. Now my question is, the link u sent, the bluetooth bee module is connected without the Breakout board, so i no need to connect the board and bluetooth module together is it ?? Can just connect the bluetooth module directly to the PIC pins ??

Thank you.
subashini
Greenhorn

Postby zhenning » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm

subashini WROTE:Dear Zhenning,

I have allready build the regulator for 3.3v. Thank you very much for the link u sent me, it really cleared mu doubt. Now my question is, the link u sent, the bluetooth bee module is connected without the Breakout board, so i no need to connect the board and bluetooth module together is it ?? Can just connect the bluetooth module directly to the PIC pins ??

Thank you.

so i no need to connect the board and bluetooth module together is it ?? Can just connect the bluetooth module directly to the PIC pins ??
Yes you can ;)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to PIC Microcontroller