Fingerprint reader (UART) SN-FPR-UART

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Re: Fingerprint reader (UART) SN-FPR-UART

Postby zhenning » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Marvin_G WROTE:
shahrul WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:I'm using MPLABX in my linux debian and this device user manual doesn't have command to upload raw data back into the device..what do u think about that?

This fingerprint module, can download picture data, then you can save in computer (database access or mysql - I'm not expert in this part). Then I think, no point you want upload back picture data into fingerprint module.

First of all, as far as i know, the matching process only happen within the memory inside the fingerprint device is it? Why i wanted to upload the stored data back into the device is because i categorized all fingerprint into few folder in other database and it will be more than 80 fingerprint which is the maximum template that this device could support, in certain time i wanted to swap the existence fingerprint inside the device with the one in external database because i wanted to change the category at any time and then scan the person fingerprint whether she/he is in this category. You get what i mean? ^^,

You can do it all in mysql?? Get the fingerprint. Instead of the eeprom storage inside, just use mysql database to store it. Any existence of any group that you have categorized etc, use mysql to compare the hex generated by the fingerprint which you acquired by the device? If the fingerprint already exist in the database, then, you prompt something.Why you need to send back to the device?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:
shahrul WROTE:
First of all, as far as i know, the matching process only happen within the memory inside the fingerprint device is it? Why i wanted to upload the stored data back into the device is because i categorized all fingerprint into few folder in other database and it will be more than 80 fingerprint which is the maximum template that this device could support, in certain time i wanted to swap the existence fingerprint inside the device with the one in external database because i wanted to change the category at any time and then scan the person fingerprint whether she/he is in this category. You get what i mean? ^^,

You can do it all in mysql?? Get the fingerprint. Instead of the eeprom storage inside, just use mysql database to store it. Any existence of any group that you have categorized etc, use mysql to compare the hex generated by the fingerprint which you acquired by the device? If the fingerprint already exist in the database, then, you prompt something.Why you need to send back to the device?

I never compare hex in mysql. does it work? ok i will try for it. Thank you so much for your opinion. ^^
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby robosang » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm

not really sure can the mysql can do comparison in such a way. The raw data does not seem to be in high resolution.

Just highlighting my points. I don think comparing the bit to bit file will help. Because the when we put finger, it will shift a bit, not exactly when you record it, agree? The fingerprint scanner must have a special algorithm to do comparison and decide whether the new fingerprint is in the data base or not. Not just purely compare pixel by pixel.
robosang
Expert

Postby Marvin_G » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:45 pm

robosang WROTE:not really sure can the mysql can do comparison in such a way. The raw data does not seem to be in high resolution.

Just highlighting my points. I don think comparing the bit to bit file will help. Because the when we put finger, it will shift a bit, not exactly when you record it, agree? The fingerprint scanner must have a special algorithm to do comparison and decide whether the new fingerprint is in the data base or not. Not just purely compare pixel by pixel.

I'm just curious..how does the fingerprint device convert our fingerprint into hex..if same fingerprint were scanned for sure the same hex number will come out..if it's not then how does the matching process could be so accurate?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Previous

Return to PIC Microcontroller