Control and Monitor via SMS

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Re: Control and Monitor via SMS

Postby robosang » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Show some photo....
robosang
Expert

Postby robosang » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 am

Of course photo of the whole hardware setup :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby zhenning » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

Check your connection again? Might have mistaken wiring wrongly?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Have you tested the modem with computer? Are you using the same modem as in Cytron tutorial?
robosang
Expert

Postby robosang » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 am

Are you saying you tested the modem with computer and it is working? You need to explain in detailed, that is critical. If you test with computer and it is working, we know is not the modem problem. We can focus on connection from SK40 to modem, which we ask for a photo. Well, experience tell us, everyone will say the connection is the same :mrgreen: until we found mistake, because we make assumption. You might miss something.
robosang
Expert

Postby Idris » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 am

Look at gsm_send_command function, try remove the rec_data = uart_receive(); in the while(*command!=0) loop.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby zhenning » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 pm

madogas WROTE:hi all i try do do any thing to make this project working but no result help me

Need to see your hardware setup like robosang said. You might missed something there. Did the gsm work when you connect to your pc?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 am

If the modem is working with computer, the modem is working :)

There must be some place wrong.
robosang
Expert

Postby robosang » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 am

And now you tell us the modem is different from the one shown by Cytron's tutorial? How can we check for you? Not everyone here have a GSM modem. You also need to give us correct link to your modem.
robosang
Expert

Postby zhenning » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 am

madogas WROTE:hi for all i just try to make the project in http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/12/0 ... r-via-sms/
the modem dosnt response the lcd shows the welcome screen and test com.. and no athor actions i make the priject like i found in the previous web site help me plz iam in dead time of graduation project

I am suspecting there is something wrong from the RS232 to the modem. Please post your codes as well as the terminal screenshot and the photo of your circuit. The faster you give the information needed. The faster people in the chat can narrow your problems down.

madogas WROTE:hi all i try do do any thing to make this project working but no result help me

Nobody can help you if you keep saying everything is correct and refuse to get a photo of your circuit.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Next

Return to PIC Microcontroller