Rfid Based Time & Attendance System using pic16f877a

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Rfid Based Time & Attendance System using pic16f877a

Postby radhi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

hello,im doing a project on Rfid Based Time & Attendance System using pic16f877a .
i am interfacing lcd, keypad, rtc with pic board.
i am using mplab ide and hi-tech c compiler for writing down the program.
i still have doubt about the database. since i am using only 4-5 rfid cards, is there any chance that i can proceed without the database part? i dont want to use the database because i think it makes my project more complicated.
radhi
Freshie

Re: Rfid Based Time & Attendance System using pic16f877a

Postby shahrul » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 pm

PIC16F877A have 256 bytes EEPROM. 1 RFID tag have 10 unique number. You can store RFID number into EEPROM. Using 5 RFID Tag only required 50 bytes of the EEPROM.
shahrul
Professional

Postby radhi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Thank you for your reply.

so you meant if we make use of eeprom then there is no usage of database right.
and how do we store data in eeprom?
radhi
Freshie

Postby robosang » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 pm

no need EEPROM, just declare your array as const, it will be in program memory.
robosang
Expert

Postby radhi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm

oh oki i got it.... i started interfacing the keypad and LCD, started writing the program too...
now my question is should i write a interfacing program for each module(keypad,LCD,RTC) and dump it in the chip one by one using pickit2 programmer and debugger and call the function in main program???? or how is it actually done???
radhi
Freshie

Postby Idris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:24 pm

radhi WROTE:hello,im doing a project on Rfid Based Time & Attendance System using pic16f877a .
i am interfacing lcd, keypad, rtc with pic board.
i am using mplab ide and hi-tech c compiler for writing down the program.
i still have doubt about the database. since i am using only 4-5 rfid cards, is there any chance that i can proceed without the database part? i dont want to use the database because i think it makes my project more complicated.

In my opinion, it depends on your project application. Even with 5 RFID cards, if you want to record the real time attendance for a month or year, you need a database.

If you just want to compare the 5 RFID cards whether it is registered or not, then you can use EEPROM.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby radhi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 pm

oki .. then how do i store de data in EEPROM ??? should i have to program it saperatly???
i started interfacing the keypad and LCD, started writing the program too...
now my question is should i write a interfacing program for each module(keypad,LCD,RTC) and dump it in the chip one by one using pickit2 programmer and debugger and call the function in main program???? or how is it actually done???
radhi
Freshie

Return to PIC Microcontroller