Interfacing GSM with PIC microcontroller

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Interfacing GSM with PIC microcontroller

Postby Engineer.8892 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:11 am

hello all!
i am currently engaged in a project and the task is to interface PIC microcontroller with GSM.The below link for interfacing GSM with PC and PIC was really useful.But the problem is i am somehow familiar with PIC CCS IDE only and dont know how to do coding in other IDE's.So can anyone tell what transformations are required to do the same task using PIC CCS environment and What are the libraries required for the purpose?
This is the link for tutorial(Interfacing GSM with PC/PIC)
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/12/0 ... r-via-sms/
Engineer.8892
Fledgling

Re: Interfacing GSM with PIC microcontroller

Postby ober » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:55 pm

I guess you will have to learn how to translate it yourself.

We are not familiar CCS IDE, but I guess the difference is basically the labels and functions. You should also understand how to develop program instead of copy and use it.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Re: Interfacing GSM with PIC microcontroller

Postby Brian Griffin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 am

Porting a code from a different compiler is not a difficult job. You need to read the compiler manual (normally in a PDF file) and check their data types for the compiler, interrupts, and initialization codes.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Return to PIC Microcontroller