Control and Monitor via SMS

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Control and Monitor via SMS

Postby elfirya » Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 am

Hello, im doing this attachment tutorial http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/12/0 ... r-via-sms/ , im using the gsm modem from cytron. When im write AT command test modem using hyperterminal from PC the modem should be respond "Call Ready". But it is not, here i give the picture from what i had done and from the tutorial:

elfirya
Greenhorn

Re: Control and Monitor via SMS

Postby waiweng83 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi,

Can you please take a picture showing the connection of the GSM modem to your PC?

FYI, when you send the command "AT" to the GSM modem, it will only reply you "OK".
It only send you "Call Ready" when it has acquired the GSM line and ready to send and receive sms.
Normally it will take few minutes after powering up before it sends out the "Call Ready".

Please also make sure you have a valid an active SIM card in the GSM modem.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby elfirya » Fri May 15, 2015 7:32 pm

elfirya
Greenhorn

Postby elfirya » Sat May 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Need help.. :| :| ....i'm doing the tutorial http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/12/08/control-and-monitor-via-sms/.
and the LCD only display "Testing Com…"... dont have any respond from modem.

This is the picture:
-using UART URS232A:
1. Image

-using Max 232:
elfirya
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 pm

From your previous photos of connecting to computer, the GSM modem response with OK on Hyperterminal, it is working.

As for the picture of using URS232 and Max 232, it is not possible for troubleshoot as it is too small and not clear enough, the connection cannot be seen. Please share a clearer picture to show the wiring and label.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Kkaalan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:48 pm

This is due to no Rx and Tx transmission between your modem and PIC, the favorable baud rate for this type of modem is 115200 , as for this project codes it works well
with Wavecom sim300 gsm modem, but the codes does not work with this type of modem... 8-)
Kkaalan
Greenhorn

Return to PIC Microcontroller