Problem connect 32-bit Start-Up Kit to computer

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

Problem connect 32-bit Start-Up Kit to computer

Postby Martial_S » Sat May 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi everybody, hope you guys can help me with this issue :)
Just bought a new "16-bit or 32-bit PIC Start-Up Kit" alongside with two Microchip PIC32MX250F128B microcontrollers to go with my board. I was able to burn the bootloader into the microcontrollers via PICkit 3 (great device, highly recommend it), but when I try to connect my board (powered externally, 12V) to my computer, it was NOT detected.

General computer spec:
1. Windows 8.1, 64-bit
2.Pinguino IDE 11.0-beta.3
3. Inf-Wizard, 1.2.6.0 (to connect the Start-Up Kit to the computer)

Tried using the Inf-Wizard but the board cannot be detected.
Inf Wizard screenshot.JPG

Then I tried inserting the vendor ID and Product ID but to no avail. I tried to upload the program into the microcontroller after compiling it. My settings for the IDE are as instructed in the SK1632 user's manual.
Board Configuration.JPG

Compiling.JPG

Pinguino Device Not Found.JPG

I have followed the user's manual and the online tutorial carefully but was unable to identify the problem here.
Unlike Arduino that pops-up in Device Manager under Port (COM), this board goes undetected. :?
Would really appreciate the help, this board is used in my Final Year Project.

I thank you for your time, take care and have a nice day. :D
Martial_S
Fledgling

Re: Problem connect 32-bit Start-Up Kit to computer

Postby Nurul.Syuhada » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi,
In order for you to upload program, make sure the PIC is in bootloader mode. Step to bootloader mode can be refer in user manual in page 18 since we have update SK1632 user manual and you can refer to link here.

Thanks.
Nurul.Syuhada

Re: Problem connect 32 bit Start Up Kit to computer

Postby ober » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 am

TimothyIdeds WROTE:IA?m going to build an interface using PIC12C508. But when I look at the schematic I wounder; Where do I connect Vcc? Can I connect this to the DB9 in some way, or do I need an external battery?

Not really understand your question. the 32-bit Start-Up kit is not for PIC2C508.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to PIC Microcontroller