PID Controller Discussion - Reg

Discussion about projects that used PIC Microcontroller, Hardware Interface, Programming Algorithm and etc......

PID Controller Discussion - Reg

Postby Jerwinprabu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

I would like to discuss with you abou pid http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2012/06/22/pid-for-embedded-design/ I am using cytron motor driver. is it possible to use pid with that ? Autually now I am using 10 PWM as a speed. using PID how can I fix the speed. in here hey have mentioned pwm = 255. and kp, ki, kd values ? can You give example for that ? on that blog you have mentioned If you are travelling at 10km/h, you would want to accelerate your car so that you can reach the target sooner. In contrast, if you are cruising at 100km/h, you need to start braking so that you can stop at 100m and will not overshoot. This is where the derivative controller comes into play. That only for setting end point ? if my robot moving forward continuous and autonomous still need to fix that constant value kd ? Kindly help us to move further.
Jerwinprabu
Fledgling

Re: PID Controller Discussion - Reg

Postby Idris » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Jerwinprabu.

PID is only a method. First thing, determine the set point and error from the system. From there you can calculate the output using PID formula. About the gain (Kp, Ki, Kd), you need to tune manually to get the best output.

Below is the list of tutorials related to PID:
1. PID for Embedded Design
2. How to Make your Line Following Robot Faster?
3. Line-Following Robot Using LSA08 in Serial Mode with PID Controller

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to PIC Microcontroller