Upload attachment to your post

Announcement of new product, new information, ROBOTICs competition, exhibition and more.....

Upload attachment to your post

Postby sich » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

I saw many forumers saying they don't know how to attach photos/pictures to their posts.
So here's the way...

1. When you start a New Topic or Reply Post, you'll see the same page as the one attached below. There's a section named Upload Attachment.
Upload attachment.jpg
How to attach picture to your post?

2. Click Choose File to browse for the picture you want to upload. The size of the file is most preferably less than 500KB. Otherwise you may find some difficulty to upload it.

3. Then you'll see the name of the file you've chosen listed next to Choose File button.

4. You may add a comment in the textbox below it.

5. After you click Add the file, you'll see a dialog box prompt up saying that the upload is currently in progress. Please wait until it's automatically closed.

6. After that, you'll see a new section, Attachments, appears between Message body and Options, as shown below. Your file is listed there.
Attachments section.jpg
New section appears...

7. The attachment will be placed at the bottom of the post by default. However, you can place it at the position you want by setting your cursor at the desired position and click Place inline.

8. You can click Preview to see how the file is placed in the post.

9. You can upload multiple files to one single post. What you need to do is repeating step 2 to 8 for the new attachment. All of the files are listed at the drop down box in Attachments section.

10.Submit your post as usual once you're done.

Happy trying... :D
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Re: Upload attachment to your post

Postby shiyan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 am

This is good! I know how to link from other site's photo, but never know we can upload to here! Thanks for sharing!
shiyan
Amateur

Postby sich » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey guys, I want to apologize that this feature is only available to moderators of the forum. I didn't know until some forumers inform me that they don't see the function in their Reply Post. I'm very sorry guys! I should have check it with a common user account first. Anyway, I'll try to figure out how to enable this for everyone. Hopefully I've good news for you very soon ;)
sich

Postby sich » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 pm

GOOD NEWS :!:

Finally attachment feature is available for all users. Please try it out and let me know if there's any problem. Happy uploading attachments...
sich

Postby kl84 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Yeah...I can upload an image now. Thanks sich!
thank-you.jpg
thank-you.jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 26942 times

However, to upload my image, I need to make sure the resolution is within the max value of 512X512 pixels...that's somehow inconvenient. Need to resize my picture first. What if we need to attach high resolution pic for a better view of our circuit?

Anyway, it's better than don't have... :lol:
kl84
Amateur

Postby sich » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:31 pm

You got it, kl84!

I've modified the settings so that user can upload images at any resolution under 1MB per file. The image attached will be shrunk to width=512 pixels (create thumbnail). You can view the original size image by clicking on the thumbnail.
sich

Postby sich » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 pm

While testing the Upload attachment function, i found the image linked to this forum using Img function is having a problem too. It shows up in its actual size - which is very troublesome when the image is large, say 1920X1200 pixels. The entire page is crooked due to this "oversize" image.

After googling around, i modified the code of the original Img function. Now every image linked to here using Img function will automatically create a thumbnail at width=512 pixels. By clicking on the thumbnail, you will open the link to view the original image.

Example image using Img:
sich

Return to News and Event