Wall-climbing robot! Need help!

Anything related to the ROBOT. Head to Toe Magazine.

Wall-climbing robot! Need help!

Postby Hong89 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi!
I am design a wall-climbing robot with painting function. I am facing some problems:
1. What kind of climbing mechanism is better? Suction cup with pneumatic system or vacuum motor
2. What kind of controller I have to choose? Is MC40A or Arduino is a good choice as a beginner
Please reply asap if you can.
Thank you!
Hong89
Greenhorn

Re: Wall-climbing robot! Need help!

Postby robosang » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 am

You must do more studies.

Arduino or PIC is totally up to user. Some like to use PIC some like Arduino. Arduino is simpler to get started, with PIC, you will learn more about micrcontroller. :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Arduino is simpler due to its GUI for Atmel. Nevertheless, people have created a GUI for PIC as well such as MPIDE and pinguino. Its purpose is to hide the register details from the user to simplify the coding for an application. Arduino seems to be very well expanding on the internet. Most likely you can easily find similar problems that other people have solve them
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby MorrisGray » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:11 pm

Is your robot climbing the walls after all those years?
MG
MorrisGray
Fledgling

Postby JamesMerchant » Thu May 19, 2022 6:06 pm

Suction in a vacuum cleaner creates the vacuum. The surrounding air rushes to fill that vacuum created, thereby taking all the dirt particles with it. The air gushes very forcefully.
As we know the micro:bit generally has more processing power and memory than the Arduino.
But they both are good in their way, and you have to chose what you want according to your need.
JamesMerchant
Freshie

Return to ROBOT. Head to Toe Magazine