Two Wheel Balancing Robot.

Anything related to the ROBOT. Head to Toe Magazine.

Two Wheel Balancing Robot.

Postby wtf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 am

Im sorry but im confused about the accelerometer used in the two wheel balancing robot. The sensors used are single axis gyroscope and 2axis accelerometer. Why use two axis accelerometer when the robot only tilt forward and backward. I need help before getting my gyroscope and accelerometer for my balancing robot. Thank you.
wtf
Freshie

Re: Two Wheel Balancing Robot.

Postby waiweng83 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Freescale has a very good application notes on measuring tilt with accelerometer. You can refer to it here:http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN3107.pdf

Of course you can measure the tilt with just single axis accelerometer, but the more you tilt forward, the resolution will be lower.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby SuanKian » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Sorry to impose. I have built up two wheel balancing robot. Somehow, I am facing a problem of tuning PID controller to balance the robot. I have try to follow manual tuning posted online but it doesn't give a good response where the robot keep moving in a long distance range while balancing at the upright position. I am using the cascaded PID controller in the source code. Any tips when tuning the robot for balancing?
SuanKian
Fledgling

Postby waiweng83 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 am

If your robot keep moving, most probably the Ki is too small. Try increasing the Ki while decreasing the Kp. Please bear in mind that if you want your robot to stay at one position, you may need a rotary encoder and include the speed and position information in your PID routine.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby ScottStevens » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:03 pm

Is your robot working successfully right now?
SM
ScottStevens
Fledgling

Return to ROBOT. Head to Toe Magazine