working with Arduino Ethernet through proxy server

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

working with Arduino Ethernet through proxy server

Postby que63 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi,

I am working on a project that involves using Arduino Ethernet shield as a client that reads data from a web page. The problem is that I am using this project in the university network that has evrything running through a proxy server. On other networks such as my home network it can access the page and read the data easily.

I was thinking of modifying the Ethernet.h file myself but I luck a bit of networking knowledge so I didn't know how to begin. Is there a possible way out of this problem

Thanks.
que63
Freshie

Re: working with Arduino Ethernet through proxy server

Postby kl84 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I don't think you can bypass it by modifying the Arduino libraries... You can modify your home's router because you hold the admin authority, but not your uni's.
kl84
Amateur

Postby robosang » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 am

Yup, agreed with kl84.
robosang
Expert

Postby radhashetty0 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:12 pm

However, you will need to configure your Arduino Ethernet board to use the proxy server settings.
Here are the general steps to follow:
-Determine the proxy server settings: You will need to find out the IP address and port number of the proxy server that you want to use.
-Configure the Ethernet library: In your Arduino sketch, you will need to use the Ethernet library to set up the Ethernet connection. To configure the library to use a proxy server, you will need to use the Ethernet Client class and the client. connect() function. For more details click here, CCNA Course in Pune.
radhashetty0
Fledgling

Return to Arduino Based