New Forum category for Arduino

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

New Forum category for Arduino

Postby ober » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 am

Open a new category for Arduino based projects. Everyone that wanted to discuss about Arduino are welcome here.
ober

Re: New Forum category for Arduino

Postby robosang » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Ober, since Cytron start selling the arduino main board, how about the shields? I am yet to get myself in to arduino, but seem to be interesting, might try it out. Cytron have also share some of the video about arduino project, very interesting!
robosang
Expert

Postby stan001 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi, I just started Arduino like 2 months ago while reading a book about basic electronics, so still a newbie in field of electronics and microcontrollers... but I can do C programming ...

I see this similar to the linux revolution a few years ago.... open source hardware, lots of community support, low cost of entry, easy to learn and best of all, really fun to play with... and sharing with everyone else...

These days, lots of seller is selling this product and even big player like farnell is making a clone of the Arduino..

Do visit my blog or join Arduino Malaysia on fb... or have any questions, just ask la..

I'm always curious on what other people uses Arduino for... always learning something new...

My latest project is a universal remote controller, I am combining a Sharp range sensors to the IR codes learned to change volume or change channels or tv input by sensing the range from the sensors... if this works, then I can keep all my astro/unifi iptv/dvd/tv/avr remote controllers...
--
Arduino for Beginners Blog
http://arduino-for-beginners.blogspot.com/
stan001
Novice

Postby kl84 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 pm

stan001 WROTE:My latest project is a universal remote controller, I am combining a Sharp range sensors to the IR codes learned to change volume or change channels or tv input by sensing the range from the sensors... if this works, then I can keep all my astro/unifi iptv/dvd/tv/avr remote controllers...

Interesting! How u do it? Please share with us more details...the system integration, HW, SW...
kl84
Amateur

Postby stan001 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm halfway building this so there are the parts needed :-

- Arduino (I'm using a breadboard version, see the photos on my blog for details)
- IR detector/receiver ( get those 3 pins ones, they have digital output )
- Sharp Range Sensors ( GP2D12 10-80mm or similar )
- LCD Module 2x16 ( to display the function activated ), use the LiquidCrystal library.
- 4 or 5 IR transmitter LED + 220R resistors
- breadboard or protoboard shield + minibreadboard
- 4 tactile switches to test the IR functions
Optional : LM35 temp sensors

Use the IR remote library to record the codes from your remote controllers.
http://www.arcfn.com/2009/09/arduino-un ... d-and.html

As I do not want to place the Arduino across the living room to send the IR codes, I plan to wire the few IR transmitter directly to the electrical appliance IR receiver (TV,Astro, DVD,AVR )..

Still work in progress but I guess the codes are pretty simple, just detect the range for 1 or 2 seconds (e.g. distance is between 40-50mm, turn ON the TV or something, range is reducing, turn down the volume on TV... ) and display the activated function on the LCD module...

It is up to your creativity on what functions you want to program to send the IR codes...

Optional :- If temp is very hot (30C), turn on the aircon automatically...

Will post more updates when I made some progress...
--
stan001
Novice

Postby robosang » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 am

This is great project, you should open a new topic under Arduino category..... Let us know more on the progress... maybe I need to get myself an Arduino too. :lol:
robosang
Expert

Postby stan001 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:01 am

Just join "Arduino for Beginners" group on facebook, I post all my mini projects and project photos there...
--
stan001
Novice

Postby zhenning » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:08 pm

It took quite a while before aduino is here in Malaysia :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to Arduino Based