Memory Not Enough

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Memory Not Enough

Postby Othello » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Hello,i wan to asking is,i using Arduino duemilanove Atmega 328,Now i facing my problem is not enough memory...try to think using SD Card Breakout Board,but it is for add mass storage and data logging,i wan add is on flash memory.so have u any suggestion to solve it???or any idea?
Othello
Freshie

Re: Memory Not Enough

Postby zhenning » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:47 am

Othello WROTE:Hello,i wan to asking is,i using Arduino duemilanove Atmega 328,Now i facing my problem is not enough memory...try to think using SD Card Breakout Board,but it is for add mass storage and data logging,i wan add is on flash memory.so have u any suggestion to solve it???or any idea?

1. you can find a Controller with bigger memory and combine with your board.
2. add SD card or EEPROM. You have to do context switching for this case.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Othello » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

oo...let me try.thanks ur idea...
Othello
Freshie

Postby ober » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Othello WROTE:Hello,i wan to asking is,i using Arduino duemilanove Atmega 328,Now i facing my problem is not enough memory...try to think using SD Card Breakout Board,but it is for add mass storage and data logging,i wan add is on flash memory.so have u any suggestion to solve it???or any idea?

Will not recommend you to add SD card or external EEPROM, if you want to add flash memory for program. Can arduino load program from external source? Furthermore, adding SD card and EEPROM, your arduino will require extra program to handle the protocol and memory handling which mean consume more program memory.
If you are planning for data logging, SD or EEPROM is good choice.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based