Arduino board

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino board

Postby Othello » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 am

Hello,i wan to ask something...i wan to supply >5V voltage for my Arduino duemilanove Atmage328,but i mistake to put wrong pin to the 5V Connector Pin,now my arduino cannot function at all...
Now,My question is isit arduino broad spoil or IC Atmega328 spoil???

thankz u...
Othello
Freshie

Re: Arduino board

Postby low5545 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 pm

I think you have fried the ATMega 328 and the ATmega 8U2 (they work on 2-5V), and maybe all those LEDs on that board. I think you should get a new one.
low5545
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 pm

I think the Atmega328 will be burnt if the voltage you applied is more than 6V, or even 5.5V. You can try changing the Atmega328 first, but you will need to burn the bootloader first. To check whether the USB chip is working or not, just simply plug in to USB board without additional power supply. Computer should detect a new COM port. If it does not, your USB chip should be gone too, sorry!
robosang
Expert

Postby Othello » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Now i make the experiment see my board spoil or IC spoil,then i take my friend Arduino duemilanove IC Atmage328,to plug in my board also is Arduino duemilanove.when uploading,everything will be fine,can function as before...

Then i think is IC spoil,after that i order the IC-ATMEGA-328 from cytron.
when i get it,i plug in to my board...it cannot upload,when uploading,it will show "Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions".
then i take this new IC Atmage328 to plug in to my friend board,same problem...show this word also.

what is the problem about this??? isit have other type of IC Atmega328???

thanks a lot.
Othello
Freshie

Postby Brian Griffin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Othello WROTE:Now i make the experiment see my board spoil or IC spoil,then i take my friend Arduino duemilanove IC Atmage328,to plug in my board also is Arduino duemilanove.when uploading,everything will be fine,can function as before...

Then i think is IC spoil,after that i order the IC-ATMEGA-328 from cytron.
when i get it,i plug in to my board...it cannot upload,when uploading,it will show "Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions".
then i take this new IC Atmage328 to plug in to my friend board,same problem...show this word also.

what is the problem about this??? isit have other type of IC Atmega328???

thanks a lot.

Does that Atmega328A you bought from Cytron contains the Arduino Bootloader? The Arduino requires that the chip must have that small program inside for programming purposes.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby kl84 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:36 pm

I don't think the Atmel chip from Cytron contain the bootloader code. We need to program the boot code by our own.
kl84
Amateur

Postby low5545 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Nope! The chip you've bought from cytron does not have a bootloader. You need avr programmers to bootload it. You should buy those with bootloaders.
low5545
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Why don ask Cytron to sell those chip with arduino bootloader?
robosang
Expert

Postby Othello » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 pm

ya,why cytron don't have sell the chip with bootloader???then how can i find this small program of AVR???
Othello
Freshie

Postby Brian Griffin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Othello WROTE:ya,why cytron don't have sell the chip with bootloader???then how can i find this small program of AVR???

You may need to copy the bootloader to the chip by yourself. There is an AVR programmer sold in Cytron.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Next

Return to Arduino Based