How to burn bootloader on ATMEGA 328P by using AVR USBASP

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

How to burn bootloader on ATMEGA 328P by using AVR USBASP

Postby mr_hacker90 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 pm

hello... i have a trouble here... i just bought ic atmega 328p from cytron. when i burn it by using arduino, it cannot burn program onto it. after i googled for information, i realized it the IC don't have bootloader. i'm lucky that i've purchased AVR USBasp from cytron. how ever i don't how to burn the bootloader onto it. can somebody help me. with all, regards..
mr_hacker90

Re: How to burn bootloader on ATMEGA 328P by using AVR USBAS

Postby low5545 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 am

Try this tutorial from Sparkfun http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/247. You need to refer the pinouts of the AVR USBasp from Cytron and connect to the Arduino board like in the tutorial. Besides using a AVR USBasp, you can also use another Arduino board to put the bootloader on a chip.

Hope this works!
low5545
Discoverer

Postby ober » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:32 am

You can also refer to the tutorial here: How to program Arduino by using USBasp without bootloader
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby mr_hacker90 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:26 pm

i dunno how to share here... but, i've done so many experiment on how to burun bootloader on ATmega 328P by using AVR USBasbp in the easiest way.. later i'll share it.. i'll take a snapshot on the process so that the others no about it.. by using avrdude is quite complicated and required to install first winAVR.. i'll upload sooner... by the ways, thanks for the help of you two..
mr_hacker90

Postby robosang » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 am

mr_hacker90 WROTE:i dunno how to share here... but, i've done so many experiment on how to burun bootloader on ATmega 328P by using AVR USBasbp in the easiest way.. later i'll share it.. i'll take a snapshot on the process so that the others no about it.. by using avrdude is quite complicated and required to install first winAVR.. i'll upload sooner... by the ways, thanks for the help of you two..

Looking forward :D
robosang
Expert

Return to Arduino Based