Please help!! MD10C

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Please help!! MD10C

Postby swimfree2010 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:58 am

Hi,

I am working on a project using Arduino Mega and MD10C. I seem to be unable to get my MD10C to work at all. I am right now testing MD10C using LED's and a 9V battery (small battery). I have the 9v battery plugged into power where a green led lights up saying pwr on. then I have 2 wires connected to the motor going to a LED. The board supply is put to pwr rather then Vin.

when I press the test button (A on the chip), nothing happens. When I press the test bottom (B on the chip), nothing happens. When I send a high pin (from the arduino) to pwm or DIR, nothing happens (along with a variety of combinations). I tried connected Vin and ground (where the Green pwr led lights up) and again tried it multiple times, but nothing happens.

Please let me know where I went wrong! All I want it to do is turn the motor on or off using signals from my arduino (I am using Processing in this case). I also have 2 of these chips and neither of them worked. is the battery I am using not sufficient enough to run the board and power the led's? but again I did have Vin and ground to power the board and that should be enough to light up a simple led. blahhh!! help please :)

Thanks!
swimfree2010
Greenhorn

Re: Please help!! MD10C

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 am

Hi, if you are powering the motor from 9V source, then you cannot choose the PWR as the board supply. Instead, you have to select Vin as the board supply and connect 12V to the Vin pin.

If this still doesn't solve your problem, please capture a clear picture on your connection and post it here.

Thanks.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby swimfree2010 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

hi thanks for the reply. It still doesn't work. I uploaded two pictures. One showing the circuit and then one showing my connections of my "motor" and the green light.

with this connection, I press the "A" and "B" button and nothing happens (not even on the board where the A & B lights should light up). I made a pin on my arduino board on high and I hooked up a wire to the PWM; Nothing. I then did 2 wires, on high, to PWM and DIR; nothing again.
Attachments
IMG_0558.jpg
IMG_0560.jpg
swimfree2010
Greenhorn

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi, you need to connect the motor supply as well.
waiweng83

Postby swimfree2010 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

ok. I added the battery... still nothing. :/

thats with pressing the buttons and touching the PWM and DIR pins with my high arduino pin.
Attachments
IMG_0561.jpg
swimfree2010
Greenhorn

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:01 pm

In that case, please go to the "Support" tab in our website (http://www.cytron.com.my/support.php) and fill in the required information. Our support team will follow up with you shortly.

Thanks.
waiweng83

Postby ober » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

swimfree2010,

Can you please do this for us? The minimum setup for MD10C to indicate it is working:

1. Unplug every connection.
2. Connect (+)12V to Vin pin, 0V to Gnd pin on MD10C. That is at JP3 connector.
3. Move the jumper of "Board Supply" to VIN, PWR LED should light up.
4. Connect your 9V battery, red wire to (+) terminal, and black wire to (-) terminal at POWER of MD10C.
5. Please use multimeter to measure the voltage at connector of Vin to Gnd on MD10C, makesure it is at least 12V.
6. Please use multimeter to measure the voltage at POWER terminal of MD10C, makesure there is at least 8V.
7. Do not connect any extra load MOTOR terminal or signal to PWM or DIR, just leave those terminals and pins unconnected.
8. Press ONLY button A or button B, the A or B LED near PWR LED should light up accordingly.
9. Try press another button, only 1 button. Another LED will light up.

If the above setup does not work, I would suspect cold soldering at the POWER terminal block (blue terminal).
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ober » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 pm

swimfree2010,

Here are some photos showing the basic setup.

This is the setup where 12V I get it from a modified ATX power supply using BB-ATXRA, the 9V battery is connected to POWER terminal. BECAREFUL with the polarity at VIN and POWER. Once you connect wrong polarity, the MD10C will not function. There is no polarity protection on this motor driver.
DSCF5464.JPG
MD10C Basic Setup

Here is another photo, pressing Button A, one of the red LED will activate. Same goes to button B, red LED (B) will activate.
DSCF5463.JPG
Button A

Button B
DSCF5462.JPG
Button B

Do make sure 12V is there and 9V battery have power and connected properly.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based