Arduino Duemilanove+Bluetooth Xbee+motor shield

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino Duemilanove+Bluetooth Xbee+motor shield

Postby zhengkoon8 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:48 am

Hi,

I have earlier bought two shields from cytron: A motor driver shield and a Bluetooth XBee module shield (see below for details). I cannot stack them because they seem incompatible in their pins layout.

1) Do I need an extra / extension shield/board?
2) Is there anyway I can get my Arduino UNO module / shield to power both of them at the same time? If not, can recommend any other way, even if it means we have to buy some more shields / hardware from cytron?

motor driver shield: http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?co ... e%20Module

Bluetooth XBee module shield: http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... e%20Module

Thank you
zhengkoon8

Re: Arduino Duemilanove+Bluetooth Xbee+motor shield

Postby zhengkoon8 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Why no people reply my post?
zhengkoon8

Postby robosang » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

well, most of people is joining this forum voluntarily, we are not Cytron staff, so we don have any responsibility or so to reply/comment any post here 8-)

BTW, the link you post, please click and see, one of the link is broken, another link is showing Bluetooth module from Cytron page. How can Bluetooth module being connected to Arduino main board? BTW, please give us the correct link else you are making things harder for us only.
robosang
Expert

Postby sich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Do you mean this 2A motor shield and XBee shield? XBee shield uses UART pins at D0 and D1 while 2A motor shield uses D5,6,7 and 8. I know you come out with this question because of the ISP pins at the right-end of the board. Looking at the schematic, these pins are used for +5V supply from the arduino main board and also to extend the reset line up to XBee shield. So i guess if you stack 2A motor shield on top of arduino main board and this board on top of 2A motor shield, you just need to use jumper wires to connect 5V and Gnd to these ISP pins.
Caution: please make sure you connect the pins correctly...double check!
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby zhengkoon8 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:33 pm

robosang, sorry for post broken link. i did not notice it. i know you all are volunteer work. but i do hope someone can help me for it as i need it for my fyp project. i been suffer for this problem for sometimes. actually i need to connect 2A motor shield and XBee shield together like say by sich. i think he provide me the solution already. but i need to try just know. Thank you

sich. thank you for your suggestion for me. it helps me a lot and you did understand what i wanted to ask. But there are six pin in total. how do i know which one is the 5v and which is the ground? thank you very much for you help.
zhengkoon8

Postby sich » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:02 pm

zhengkoon8 WROTE:But there are six pin in total. how do i know which one is the 5v and which is the ground?

You can download the schematic and PCB for Arduino to check the connection.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to Arduino Based