Problem with arduino mega

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Re: Problem with arduino mega

Postby yonghui » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

hi,

what i do before to solve this problem.

1. i download the latest version of arduino IDE.
2. then this latest version has the folder which contain the latest arduino mega driver.
3. scan for hardware change to make the computer to detect new hardware when arduino mega plugged into the USB.
4. install driver from latest arduino IDE folder. set the install wizard to search that folder.
5. install and get it done.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robosang » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

I think you all din follow the correct instruction, I do not have Arduino Maga 2650, but I do know that the driver is different from the previous version where they use FTDI chip as USB To UART bridge. Searching through Arduino Troubleshooting page, I found this:
On Windows 7 (particularly the 64-bit version), you might need to go into the Device Manager and update the drivers for the Uno or Mega 2560. Just right click on the device (the board should be connected to your computer), and point Windows at the appropriate .inf file again. The .inf is in the drivers/ directory of the Arduino software (not in the FTDI USB Drivers sub-directory of it).

also this:
If you get this error when installing the Uno or Mega 2560 drivers on Windows XP: "The system cannot find the file specified", you might try this suggestion (about adding a "RunOnce" key to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion")

might be helpful to look through that page :)
robosang
Expert

Postby fitri » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 am

hi u all :D :D
i do can counter this problem already by installing driver direct at window driver..
thank a lot
fitri
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Arduino Based