arduino and DC motor with encoder

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

arduino and DC motor with encoder

Postby matt nor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm

hello.... I already buy DC motor with encoder... my friends told me that arduino cannot afford to move DC motor with encoder... for ur information.. I used SPG30-150 for my project.. How can i control my DC motor...? actually i'm new user for arduino...
matt nor
Fledgling

Re: arduino and DC motor with encoder

Postby Idris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:07 pm

matt nor WROTE:hello.... I already buy DC motor with encoder... my friends told me that arduino cannot afford to move DC motor with encoder... for ur information.. I used SPG30-150 for my project.. How can i control my DC motor...? actually i'm new user for arduino...

For controlling motor, you can used Arduino motor driver shield. Then the pulses from encoder just read as hi-low input.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Re: arduino and DC motor with encoder

Postby shahrul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I normally count encoder using Interrupt, but I don't know Arduino have this function or not.
shahrul
Professional

Return to Arduino Based