Arduino new

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Arduino new

Postby diresh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm new to arduino. Can anyone teach me the connection to bluetooth skkca from arduino duemilanove? Ur help really appreciated..
diresh

Re: Arduino new

Postby shahrul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Bluetooth is using UART. So, it connected to UART pin on Arduino.
shahrul
Professional

Postby robosang » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Yup, shahrul is right, just UART and 5V power, of course don forget the GND, so 4 wires only!

Don say the hardware cannot stack on it, because SKKCA is not Arduino shield.
robosang
Expert

Postby diresh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Im doing adc from arduino, so i will use the analogue serial inout from the example programming. Then i use rx n tx of arduino connect to skkca 21. So do in need to do programming code to let arduino send the data to skkca via rx n tx or just connect them by wires?
diresh

Postby Idris » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 am

diresh WROTE:Thanks for the reply guys. Im doing adc from arduino, so i will use the analogue serial inout from the example programming. Then i use rx n tx of arduino connect to skkca 21. So do in need to do programming code to let arduino send the data to skkca via rx n tx or just connect them by wires?

Of course you need to do a programming to transmit or receive data from SKKCA. What is your project application? Sending data from hp via bluetooth to Arduino?
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby diresh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 am

Im actually doing bluetooth heart rate monitor. So i gona amplify my heart rate signal and tge output will be send to arduino. Then the output uf arduino will be send to skkca for transmit the data to my laptop for gui. In new to this arduino and i have no idea for the connection of rx tx of arduino and skkca. A help how to program or clue are really helpful.
diresh

Postby Idris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

diresh WROTE:Im actually doing bluetooth heart rate monitor. So i gona amplify my heart rate signal and tge output will be send to arduino. Then the output uf arduino will be send to skkca for transmit the data to my laptop for gui. In new to this arduino and i have no idea for the connection of rx tx of arduino and skkca. A help how to program or clue are really helpful.

I think there have a label on both device. SKKCA UART is labeled with KC_RX and KC_TX. For Arduino UART is labeled with TX>1 and RX<0. Then the connection should be cross.
SKKCA Arduino
KC_RX connects to TX>1
KC_TX connects to RX<0
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
Idris

Postby diresh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 pm

So i just need connect as mention and do the programming is enough right? Can i know where i should start my for my UART programming? Is it hard? Any guidance will be grateful. Thanks.. :)
diresh

Postby shahrul » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

diresh WROTE:So i just need connect as mention and do the programming is enough right? Can i know where i should start my for my UART programming? Is it hard? Any guidance will be grateful. Thanks.. :)

If you don't know, it's hard. After you know, it's easy.
In Arduino, using UART just use function Serial. I'm not using Arduino, but newbie chipKIT. You can see example coding here Serial Communication, because the command is same.
shahrul
Professional

Postby Idris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Very good work Mr Shahrul! You make me want to buy chipKIT too! :D
Besides that, you can refer to this tutorial
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/08/1 ... -computer/
Idris

Next

Return to Arduino Based